Off the Ball on Newstalk

No more Gavin Cumiskey either.
Surely they can’t have rugby analysis with a scribe who doesn’t write for the paper of record

According to the Phoenix,IT journalists are seething with the likes of O’Toole as it was a handy nixer for the sports journalists

I’m sure it was. I’d say it was a handy couple of hundred euro a week for Thornley. Doubt if he is on that much from the IT that he can go without that.

Today FM also, this is a fantastic move as its rids the airwaves of hugh linihen, fintan o’toole, conor pope and una mullaly

1 Like

I understand those contributions to 20-30 minute segments on Off The Ball etc are only worth €30-€40 a pop. Think I mentioned before that Gilesy still requests to be paid by cheque as he doesn’t trust the old electronic banking.

1 Like

I believe David Brady gets 70 euro for his interjections. I’d assume a seasoned pro like GT from the IT would get a multiple of that.

“It is a matter for Communicorp to decide who participates in its programmes. Equally, The Irish Times reserves the right to publish a wide range of opinion without fear or favour. We will continue to do so.”

So the Irish times reserves its right to publish a range of opinion. Yet attacked Newstalk for the same. That’s the @glasagusban crowd for you.

7 Likes

As if journalists weren’t scared enough of O’Brien already.

bet you they wont get the irony

Who are the liberals and free speech advocates ?

Huh?

This is a really dumb line of argument.

The IT and Dinny’s mob are well entitled to publish what they like. But it doesn’t mean the other side don’t have the right to criticise what they publish. That’s all part of the media.

Dinny is circling the wagons now and flexing his muscles. I hope Kitty Holland destroys him.

Can both sides lose ?

One side is a radio station, the other side is a newspaper. I doubt either have long left.

He was on the other night anyway

Irish Times opinion piece: I am so outraged with Newstalk that i am refusing to appear on their station and appeal to anyone with a conscience to stay out of its airspace.
Newstalk: We currently have no work for Irish Times employees.
Irish Times Employees: screeeeech

3 Likes

Paul Howard aka Ross O’Carroll Kelly says he was refused entry to Marconi house for an interview about his book with spin today. :grinning:

Seems legit.

It’s a true story. He’s tweeted from his proper account about it as well.

You just don’t fuck with the D to the O to the B, muthafuckas.