Off the Ball on Newstalk

I thought he owned 50% with sue Magnier

Magnier offered him 4 stud nominations a year and Ferguson refused.

Ferguson never paid a penny for that horse the greedy bastard

2 Likes

Both winners.

1 Like

A lot of winners are complete cunts

Yes, that’s what makes them winners.

He looked pretty comfortable in that leprechaun suit too in fairness

5 Likes

Listened to the podcasts there, Neville but especially Keane are box office. Two alright sorts

3 Likes

OTB has always had presenters wrapping up questions in meandering speeches. A lot of these lads are Gilroy prototypes who are keen to portray how intelligent they are. Molloy is like that, but I think Nathan Murphy is good.

I can see where Neville is coming from in this instance. I watched the 25-minute segment on Manchester United yesterday, before Neville tweeted about it, and I thought Molloy came across like a right dick. He was there to facilitate Keane and Neville, not to cut one of them off repeatedly. I think Molloy is so full of it, he thought his question was going to be so pertinent and probing that it justified shushing Neville a few times.

That said, they’re both wankers.

3 Likes

I thought Neville really opened his legs and expressed himself away from the cloying influence of the sky studio

Was he doing circuits around the venue or something?

You daft bastard.

Cillian Sheridan makes a sound point:

Ferguson was well within his rights to get rid of him and indeed, more than that, it was the sensible football decision. Keane had become a disruptive and malign influence. He was well past his best as a player and wasn’t the sort that would help younger players along, he saw them as a threat to him.

Ferguson was proved entirely right.

1 Like

Absolutely, by the end of his career he had been shown up to be a cardboard hardman, being openly mocked by Jason McAteer when doing one of his trademark “let me at him” behind a group of players. Shearer laughing his hole at him when he lost the plot. The facade was evident and the aura was gone.

He then went off to Scotland for a half a season where a shoe cobbler made bits of him in a domestic cup tie.

3 Likes

Hughes, Sheringham, Solskjaer

He fairly bombed van Nistelrooy out though. And Stam.

If you’re not prepared to be ruthless, you fail.

Keane was the ultimate preacher of ruthlessness, except when it came to himself.

I was out the back painting a wall on the Friday night and threw on off the ball. The first ten minutes or so was a presenter interviewing another presenter about how he might interview Roy Keane. It was horrendous stuff. Crazed egos all round.
But the wall looks good with its second coat of pale olive.

7 Likes

Why do the audience laugh at everything Keane says?

Late Keane would sort of remind you of Boris Johnson.

I refer again to a post I made some months ago comparing the traditional English love for a former all action midfield general being a manager (who fails) to the Tory party’s long running and daft obsession with wanting a reincarnation of Churchill as leader.

1 Like

They can’t get Rosenstock out of their mind ?

Metaphorically. You absolute pig of a human being

How many premier leagues has Roy keane? How many has mcateer and shearer?

1 Like

As Keane might say himself “count their medals, it shouldn’t take long.”