Off the Ball on Newstalk

I still remember he put Zidane and juventus in his back pocket. That shoe cobbler must have been fair good to do that to him.

2 Likes

He couldn’t lace Keano’s boots

1 Like

Cos he has excellent comic timing?

We’ll never have a player like Keane again. Utd aren’t the same without him. Teams were afraid of him.

I played against Keano when he was at Ranblers, I was 15 playing youths football, he scored a bullet header from a corner where I was picking him up.
Easily the best Irish player of my lifetime, one of the worlds best at his peak, but an awful oddball, I genuinely think he has lots of the traits you’d see in high achieving autistic people

Definetely has he’s issues.

The Off the Ball lads are circling the wagons.

“Johnny” Ward has bit and responded to Neville on twitter.

:laughing:

A shoe cobbler as opposed to a peach cobbler?

He was nowhere near being the best in the world. He isn’t rated outside Ireland

2 Likes

That’s right mate

I remember him putting Figo in his pocket too.

To be fair, Keane must be the only Irishman to ever score for Real Madrid in a European Cup quarter-final

When?

The dan McDonnell Johny ward double act is very good

I think you’re being harsh on the autistic who are generally very gentle and rarely violent, the worst from them is usually inappropriate language. There’s probably another spectrum Keane is on but it’s not autistic.

2 Likes

I don’t think you have much experience going on this that comment mate

I don’t think anyone would argue against that, especially consisting he retired at the end of that season.
I think from Keane’s point of view, it was cowardly to use the malign influence as an excuse to dismiss him when they could have parted amicably and when that sort of challenging of teammates was encouraged by Ferguson until Keane got too old to contribute as meaningfully on the pitch.

I can guarantee you I have a lot more experience than you.

Do you think?
The comment would guarantee not