Off the Ball on Newstalk

Did you see him play much?

Yes

Mark Lawrenson is the best footballer ever to play for ROI in my time watching . Then I go with Brady . Keane and McGrath probably next

Ronnie Whelan?

And he went out to end a player’s career. You must be some animal to justify a player going out to end a fellow pro’s career.

I take that is Robbie Keane?

I haven’t tried to justify it. It was despicable

Keane injured himself that time at Elland Road kicking out at Haaland. That’s why Haaland was so thick

Why didn’t you say so?

I just did.

Four posts later after trying to defend it.

Lads, can ye not just shake hands…

I was giving some context around it.

I don’t see the world in black and white like you mate.

1 Like

There’s no context around deliberately trying to end a player’s career. It’s the lowest thing you can do on a football pitch and Keane should have been jailed.

Up there alright but a bit below ; I do not like him

Mattie Holland and Mark Kinsella were better than Roy Keane for Ireland.

6 Likes

+1, the same assholes who reminisce about Keane supposedly being imperious against Holland and Portugal seem to forget that team performed every bit as good against runners up Germany and Spain in that tournament.

2 Likes

What money has he raised?

Agreed

What’s with this new thing of them repeating 3 or 4 montages ad nauseam? I’ve heard bits of the Limerick one 6 or 7 times, I’ve heard the Andy lee one 3 times and they just played the Dublin one with Da Luniz there and it’s the third time I’ve heard that in the last couple of weeks.