Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Kk will win but they are a shadow of their former selves. Their clearances have been aimless. They probably always were but the kk hf line aren’t winning them to make the clearances look better. Waterfords fb line still vunerable but it’s a credit to their midfield and hb that kk haven’t fully exploited it. I backed kk over 3.5 goals after first one. Still think they’ll get more goals

KKKilkenny v Waterford clashes always remind me of Stephen Hendry v Jimmy White. Sadly for the Hendry of hurling and happily for the rest of us they are now where Hendry was in his career circa 2001.

True enough but you’ve to give credit to Waterford for closing the gap as well. Don’t know if they can sustain it but that’s the closest any of the chasing pack have been to matching the pace set by Kilkenny and Tipperary.

We’ve been good without being great. Workrate up front is terrific but Waterford are overplaying it and allowing our lads the time to put the pressure on.
The blaas have been good though and the scoreline is unfair on them.

i agree. they are still a serious outfit but nowhere near the standard they were of a couple of years ago.

His usual style is to bend down to lift up breaking ball, turn around and go backwards, then sideways, then reverse sideways before short grip tennis stroking the sliotar to a team mate, all the while looking off balance and running in a kind of ungainly, waddling style.

great use of that word.

Eoin Kelly is, as my old lad would say, a tramp

He is also stone cold useless now

Eoin Kelly is fair useless compared to the player he was.

Waterford seem to be obsessed with soloing into the crowded Kilkenny defence. Kelly (Eoin) is infuriating.

Waterford panic shooting now it’s all over

Whay are the blaa forwards leading with the knee in the tackles?

Don’t know what Jamie Nagle has on Davy but his presence on that team is a mystery.

Over as a contest now. Hopefully Tipperary will murder these animals in the final.

Bizarre effort from Colin Fennelly.

Pace has completely dropped off

A lot of badly directed passes and general mishit striking throughout. Will probably adversely affect the amount of quality points awarded by that guy who takes himself very seriously on his GAA analysis blog.

noel connors is a great bit of stuff

Puke hurling since half time.

He would make a fine prop forward