Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

played against Waterford in league but done his hamstring playing for Portumna since. He’s ok though, if this was a serios game he’d be playing

Tough break for anyone who backed him to be championship top top scorer.

Definitely No.1 far more than No.2 Bandage, if the opposition need quotes for motivation you’re in a good place anyway. They train so much and are so focused at this level now small things can affect young players. These are both kinda new teams and its a massive game. Were Limerick to sneak this i think it would set the Championship alight. Its a massive game for them, much like Cork a performance is the priority, with the hope of a win. I suspect though Waterford would have to have an off day.

Did you get stung?

Galway missing half a team there, that team wouldn’t have a hope against Dublin.

Nah that market is a mess. Wouldn’t touch it.

Galway only beating Westmeath by a point at the moment. 15 minutes to go

SAS

Lazarus will be fit to Puke.

Anyone at the Galway game?

What the fuck happened?

Didn’t look good for them tonight but I still see them beating us.

As stated before the team that started last night would not beat Dublin, team that finished the game just might. The Tipp league game was a serious reality check for Galway hurling and expectations are fairly low, confidence in the management setup is all but lost. One big win could of course change all that but the semi Final is a great opportunity for Dublin in all honesty.
As regards last night Donnellan put in a good performance and would seem to have nailed the Centre Forward berth for the next day at least. Hynes at MF was off the pace which is a big worry. Half back line was poor, John Lee is never gonna become the hurler he promised early on. Wouldn’t read too much into the bare form of the result though. Dublin on the 18th is all that mattered even before last nightsgame, hopefully the team will be up to it when it really counts.

GAA Hurling Championship – Qualifier Draws (first team enjoys home advantage)
Preliminary Phase – weekending Sat June 18
Antrim v Westmeath; Laois v Cork
Phase One – weekending Sat June 25
Laois/Cork v Offaly; Antrim/Westmeath v Carlow.

Wonderful. It’ll be over soon so. Laois set up is a mess. Willie Hyland has walked now. God willing Cork will make it quick and painless.

Any of the Kilkenny lads know the fitness levels of your raft of injured players?

Great to see friend of the forum TJ Reid in the Ulster Bank add with Michael Fennelly by the way.

Is Sliotar maga-zee-an still on the go actually?

This is insane. We now have a situation whereby Wexford would’ve been better off losing to Antrim in the first round than losing to Kilkenny next Saturday (which of course we won’t). If we’d lost last week we’d be hammering Westmeath, followed by trouncing Carlow and then on to phase 3.

Whereas a loss next Saturday puts us into a draw with losing provincial semi finalists, with the winners still only getting to phase 3 despite a far higher level of competition.

I propose that shrapnel like Laois, Carlow et al get their own little mini championship in May with the winners of the group playing in the proper competition. As it is the GAA are only humouring them but to do this the proper championship is being distorted.

Offaly have a fucking magnet for tough draws. If they get their full team out they might give Cork a decent rattle though.

I’ve been saying this for the last few years. The qualifier draw is utterly retarded for the reasons you outlined above. Well done pal.

You only started saying it after I pointed it out to you, mate.

That’s a lie. A shameless, bare-faced lie. It doesn’t stand out so much if the strongest of the first round losers are kept apart, e.g. if Cork and Offaly progressed here. But now you’ll have a weak team progressing while two of the losing provincial semi-finalists are putting the other two out.

Don’t expect a prize for pointing out a glaringly obvious flaw in the system.

Two bald men fighting over a comb here.

It’s easy to be wise after the event sid but if I hadn’t told bando about this no one would be aware of it.

Galway hurling goalies… :rolleyes: