Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

:lol:

Cheers Julio, it’s simple isn’t it.

<_< I explained all this to you yesterday

The dream draw would be Wexford (no offence lads) and then the winners of Antrim/Westmeath/Carlow.
Even if you drew Wexford and the winners of Cork/Laois/Offaly I wouldn’t be too worried.
Nightmare scenario is drawing Dublin/Galway.

:unsure: So we play either Galway or Dublin??

:lol:

I presume either Dublin or Galway will have to win their Semi Final

Fuck that soft draw shite man we got that in 09 and with no real tests ended up with a hole opening Lex steele would be proud of!!! bring on Galway/Dublin and Cork. :guns:

I just want a day out in Croke Park

:frowning: Me too man…me too.

Donal O’Grady (the manager) is great isn’t he? It was an outstanding move getting him by the Limerick County Board, or whoever pulled it off. He’s shown a fine ability to adapt to modern ways despite not having played since the mid 80s.

His interviews are top class compared to the likes of Davy Fitzgerald trying to be clever all the time.

The only thing that baffled me about O’Grady is why the North Mon has basically gone to shit in terms of hurling when he was in the vicinity for so long.

All that said, Limerick probably aren’t great yet. Waterford look like they could get torn asunder the next day against Chipp despite Fitzgerald’s claims that they should’ve pulled away. If Limerick had been a bit more clinical they could’ve pulled their todgers because they’d have been well beaten.

Imagine playing Antrim or Carlow for a place in an All Ireland quarter final. Ridiculous in the extreme.

As a neutral, I wouldn’t be nearly as positive about Waterford as HangBlaa. I thought they were rather lucky and displayed weaknesses in several areas.

There’s a few ‘rumours of Kilkenny’s demise have been greatly exaggerated’ articles doing the rounds today too. But I reckon they’re on the wane even more so than last year - fistoffury will confirm that I called they wouldn’t win the All Ireland after their display against Galway last year.

And that makes the fact they hammered Wexford all the more disappointing. If you’re from Wexford. I thought Kilkenny were fairly average in lots of positions. Of course there’s the argument that they could have gone up through the gears had they been challenged but I don’t think so.

Tipperary should win the All Ireland fairly comfortably again.

Agree with all of that, sadly. Even if we manage beat Dublin Galway are still a distance behind Tipp. Kilkenny are regressing and Waterford wont come near an All Ireland based on yesterday. Forget the rest. Tipps to lose

I agree Bandage. Kilkenny had no more gears on Saturday night. The only think that might help them is if Walsh comes back, Larkin, Tyrell and Delaney get a bit fitter and then they’ll clearly improve a bit but they’re miles off Tipperary.

Thing is - it’s possible for a team to turn it around as Tipperary proved last year. It’s not as if you have to win a dozen high level games to win an All Ireland. There’ll be games like Saturday where contenders won’t be tested at all really so there’s time to correct weaknesses and build up form and momentum. So I guess it may be silly to write off Kilkenny but I think they’re quite a bit behind Tipperary.

Thats not the strange, he considered the principal’s job a mainly academic one and wanted the Mon GS to be on par with Christians, Pres etc in terms of academic prestige. As such, he split the Mon up in terms of hurling teams, between the GS and the normal school, to foster a spirit of prestige with the GS lads, and that hurt them. On top of that, their pick dwindled a lot - they basically just pick from one club right now.

Waterford are fine Bandage, we are a long way from Sept. We blooded a lot of the panel yest, will be a slightly different team come Aug and we will give any team a rattle.

Talking to KK lads today and all their concern is for the roasting the FB line got. Valid as well, they are also fcuked if Mick Fennelly cant stay fit.

I dont rate Dub as contenders, they showed in the Offally game that champ pace will worry them, not enough natural Hurlers.

Tipp -v- Wat all ireland, with Galway the biggest danger to both, but ultimately the tribesmens mental issues will catch them, likely at AI semi stage.

The rest dont count this year, Wexico will be back in 3-4 years, Cork are gone for a similar spell, Offally for an age, Carlow could surpass them this decade. Dubs will come strong over the decade as well but may also fall short, as there will always be one to beat them. Limerick and Clare will be up and down, with the banner to be a force from 2015 onwards.

Stars of the next 10 years will be names like Noel McGrath, Darragh Fives, Conor Lehane, Brendan Maher, Noel Connors, John Conlon, Richie Doyle…

Etc, etc…

Its a shame we didn’t draw the Deise instead of Tipp, going by yesterday we would have hammered he former.

Like ye did last year…

Ye need a full back and what about that lad that was taking frees there foley was it he seemd fairy good.

Mullan is some man for one man

I thing we will be beat sunday with tipp bullin to win munster, so it will be up to ye to stop the cunts

Yeah but it’s Tipp and it’s hard to know if they’ve the same relentless mentality as Cody puts into his teams. Especially with a new manager there’s every chance cockiness or complacency could creep in just that small bit. Kilkenny’s robotic consistency is a total freak in modern GAA and you could easily see Tipp slipping up later in the year even if they have the best players.

Two very different teams this year.