Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Not surprised David Young is gone off, I don’t think he’s up to this level.

Clare are getting a bit tired now and taking some lazy shots.

That Clare goalie is shocking altogether.

Comedy finish for the last goal

8 point handicap never in doubt!

Galway v Clare
Limerick v Wexford

Lads, did you watch the draw?

Farcical stuff with the balls. You could tell which was which and who was going to be the home side.

At least we get to visit the beautiful county of Limerick though.

Comical stuff alright Bandage

i will get abuse no doubt for the following opinion but id would be slow to read too much into the championship so far as we are still at the shadow boxing stage.

I would be slow to write teams off till we are at the knockout stages. The intensity will then be increased by the top teams. Dublin to my eye are playing with great intensiity at the moment and it will certainly be interesting to see if they can maintain this as the championship progresses. The hunger and intensity that they are displaying is compensating them from their main weakness, which i see as a lack of real top top players (of the type that kilkenny and tipp possess).

Galway were brutal yesterday but if they had being more clinical with their chances they could have registered an undeserved victory. i wont write them off and still see them as more likely to challenge at the business end than dublin.

What was it with Canning goading the Dublin keeper after his goal yesterday? Fecking eejit

:rolleyes:

yet when that beardo weirdo wexican came off the bench & started goading & sledging wheelo the wexicans squeeled with delight

Different sport mate

Well seeing as i mentioned Wexford and Galway lads i clearly don’t think that is the case Sid.

Look i can’t remember everyone. Other than their dreadful bias towards everything Clare, WTB & Puke were decent commentators of the game. But seriously there is a load of people on here who clearly only see a couple of games a year, and a few others who watch the games but still can’t see them.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 591943”]
Well seeing as i mentioned Wexford and Galway lads i clearly don’t think that is the case Sid.

Look i can’t remember everyone. Other than their dreadful bias towards everything Clare, WTB & Puke were decent commentators of the game. But seriously there is a load of people on here who clearly only see a couple of games a year, and a few others who watch the games but still can’t see them.[/quote]

I thought with the advent of digital TV’s, these issues were at an end?

According to the RTE website, Tiobraid Arann beat An Clar as gaeilge, but Waterford won this match in Engish

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/mediaplayer.html?features

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :huh: :huh:

kev,
id be pretty sure that must of the lads on this thread watch plenty of matches. just because some agree with your opinion, does’nt make them all knowlegable and others who disagree with your opinion, clueless.

Bandage and other Wexicans would ye have preffered Limerick or Clare?

Clare.

Donal O’Grady seems to have Limerick well primed fitness wise and the only thing that may go against them is the one season they spent in Division 2.

Clare have been down in Division 2 for two years now and definitely suffered during the second half yesterday when the intensity levels were raised a bit.

Plus the rivalry is a bit greater with Limerick so they won’t need to be asked twice to raise their game at the Gaelic Grounds.

At least our star player will be wearing an ash guard this time. <_< *

[size=“1”]*For the next two weeks I will be replacing my well noted respect for all things Wexford with pure contempt. [/size]