Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

:lol: :lol:

I fully expect Limerick to lose against Wexford.

It is safe to count Galway out.

Maybe you should line the goal with 12 players this time for 21 yard frees as well. Rumour has it Fitzy has been giving Jim Berry extra tutorials on the art.

Jim Berry??? :lol: Thats not a real name surely. Does he have a brother named straw? Stupid Wexicans.

surely you mean twiggo ?

It has nothing to do with opinions, much of it is bias, copying media opinion and just guesswork. For instance i would read and listen to anything Cluain has to say about hurling, yet i disagree with him on the Leinster Final, no big deal. I disagree with Bandage regularly but still believe he knows the game and reads it well. I get it wrong too fenway, plenty of times. But i say what i think at any point in time and when i have thought it out well iā€™ll generally take alot of changing on it. I ainā€™t afraid of being wrong, which quite a few here clearly are afraid of.

There is an amount of bluffers on here Fenway, you can ignore them if you want, but there are some lads constantly making dreadful statements, many of which you can find on any of the weekend newspapers. Iā€™d have far more time for someone like Rockoā€™s opinion who openly admits to not being a real student of the game, but will throw in his tuppence worth every now and then and will generally be close to the bone. Iā€™m talking about the likes of KIB, MBB and a few others mainly, but there are other so called ā€œhurlingā€ people who are always talking through their arse. But i like them in other ways so i leave it slide. :stuck_out_tongue:

TomĆ”s Bradyā€™s knee injury will rule him out for the season - a cruciate ligament injury apparently. David Treacy will miss the Leinster Final with a 4-5 week hamstring injury.

Kev licking the arse of the two moderators - shocker

granted you are an expert on all matters but throwing up armagh as a good bet last week was the biggest example of bluffing Iā€™ve seen on here for a while.

Bad news indeed for them, but Peter Kelly did a sterling job at FB when Brady went off. Ryan ODwyer will more than likely be out through suspension (and rightly so, what was he thinking?), but at least bhis ear will have time to heal.

With these injury problems and having to change things at the back, Dublin will have to guard against Kilkenny doing their traditional early goal hunt. If they can weather the storm for the first 20 mons and not ship goals, they have every chance. Kilkenny get goals early = Leinster Champions.

You wonā€™t think heā€™s stupid or imaginary when heā€™s standing over a sliothar 21 yards from your goal son, heā€™ll be very real then.

1. DĆ³nal Ɠg Cusack
    Cloyne

2. Stephen McDonnell 3. Eoin Cadogan 4. Brian Murphy
    Glen Rovers Douglas Bride Rovers

3. John Gardiner 6. William Egan 7. Shane Oā€™Neill
    Na Piarsaigh Kilbrin Bishopstown

4. Jerry Oā€™Connor 9. Pa Cronin
    Newtownshandrum Bishopstown

5. Ben Oā€™Connor 11. Cian McCarthy 12. Niall McCarthy
    Newtownshandrum Sarsfields Carrigtwohill

6. Luke Oā€™Farrell 14. Paudie Oā€™Sullivan 15. Patrick Horgan
    Midleton Cloyne Glen Rovers

Captain: Shane Oā€™Neill

Subs:

1. Martin Coleman - Ballinhassig
  2. Eoin Dillon - Milford
  3. Conor O Sullivan - Sarsfields
  4. Ronan Curran - St Finbarrā€™s
  5. James Nagle - Midleton
  6. Tom Kenny - Grenagh
  7. Cathal Naughton - Newtownshandrum
  8. Bill Cooper - Youghal
  9. Jamie Coughlan - Newtownshandrum
  10. Kieran Murphy - Sarsfields
  11. Michael Cussen - Sarsfields

Jerry and Ben shouldnā€™t be left that close to each other. Weā€™ll win by eight points plus regardless.

Have Offaly still a dose of injuries?

Dangerous game chopping and changing against Offaly. This is an extremely dangerous game IMO, Offaly hurting and defiant is a wicked animal, Cork had is disgracefully easy last week.

Think DW is being shown up here again, no sort of pattern at all. Bill Cooper shows up well last week in his debut and is dropped, but instead of bring in the likes of the Oā€™ Connors (not direct i realise) if he is going to chop and change, he At least could bring in the likes of Jaime Coughlan.

Where is Conor Lehane? Is the LC still going on?

At least Shane Oā€™ Neill is out on the wing.

Midleton U-21 footballers are playing Saturday night I think.

22/1 available now CC which says it all really.

Any chance of players and management pulling together as one now? In Galway they have a habit of blaming the manager only but this was the manager that pushed Tipp to a point last year and won the league. I think he also has the best interests of Galway hurling at heart.

At the end of the day all is not lost for Galway, if the Dublin game has provoked a real war behind the scenes and now everyone is onside then that price is value. With all due respect to Clare, it could be the perfect pick me up for a fully tuned up Galway. They cannot have regressed so much in a year

Offaly 1-5 Cork 2-2
25 mins gone
Pa cronin sent off

Shock on the cards??

Full tme - Cork 2-17 Offaly 2-16