Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Seemingly Offaly threw this one away. They had a load of wides, Donal og made a couple of great saves and another goal attempt hit the crossbar. only one minute of injury time played as well.

Full Time - Antrim 0-23 Carlow 1-12

As is well documented around here, Iā€™m a fan of this Offaly team. They have the potential to give any team a right good game when they put it all together but they rarely do.
They kill themselves with poor shooting and bad decision making. This result does not shock me in the least, but it is sadly typical of this Offaly team to leave it behind them and now they are done for the year and staring at life in Division 2.

The rock giving out about Denis Walsh on twitter according to the newstalk lads.
SeƔn Banquo will cast his pearls soon enough. The grumblings will increase.
The only way Denis Walsh can save himself now is if Cork manage to win the All-Ireland

There were almost no stoppages in the second half.

There were 7 subs introduced in the second half so surely that merited more than the one minute.

RTE just announced that Antrim defeated Wexford in the hurling qualifiers. :rolleyes:

Amateur.

Cork were in cruise control for the second half, were eight points up going into the end before we made some baffling substitutions, then hit seven wides in a row before Offaly fluked a goal. Cork were terrible but we deserved to win.

16 wides from Offaly, doesnā€™t exactly sound like Cork were in cruise control Turenne, sounds like they were very lucky. 7 odd thousand at it, apparently a decent number of Biffos? Thats a shocking crowd for a Cork SH game.

These days fitzy its a good crowd to be honest. The price of these lower level games are too high, young GAA players between 16 & 30 are simply not going from what i hear. Iā€™m speaking exclusively about Cork now. Its far cheaper to stay at home and watch all the games at home for the day.

Donā€™t mind Turenne, he only seeā€™s it one way.

I thought Cork brought more supporters to games than Dublin?

Why did you think that Fitzy? I donā€™t know what would have given you that impression. They bring more than most others though.

:rolleyes:

Stillā€¦

Probably because you said it Kev.

I actually didnā€™t fitz.

Absolutely, we beat Offaly with 14 men by a point ye beat Limerick by a point. Iā€™d say our opposition are about the exact same level. We both have oddgy management, although i would concede in a choice iā€™d take Davy. DW is making ludicrious decisions and it seems the team have no respect for him going by what people are saying about the body language between him and the players.

Lets see how ye get on with Tipp.

ā€¦Cork hit almost as many, including about half that in the last ten minutes. Plus I was actually at the game, so you knowā€¦

Waterford are a notch above Cork.

Watched highlights of Dubs U-21ā€™s, they look a fine team, took alot of good scores. Good hurlers all over the pitch.

Not sure what you base that on Turenne, if 1 point means a notch then ya, they have been 1 point better than Cork the last 2 times they played.