Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Limerick beat Wexford in the 09 qualifiers, before getting the soft side of the draw in the next round (Laois)

I think that’s his point - you could end up with Dublin/Limerick and Galway/Waterford quarter finals again with Kilkenny and Tipperary waiting in the semi-finals.

I don’t think they will but if Waterford were to win next weekend it would fairly blow the championship wide open, possibly leaving Galway, Tipp and Kilkenny on one side of the draw

0% chance

Not necessarily, if it is Tipp, Galway, Limerick and Dublin in the quarter finals then Galway would have to play Tipp as repeat parings are avoided where possible and Dublin and Galway have already met, if Dublin were to beat Limerick then either Galway/Tipp would more than likely have to face Kilkenny, if Limerick and Tipp were both to win there would be a draw to decide semi final places.

I don’t see it happening but it is not a 0% chance

+1. Would have been great craic in the lead up. Not sure we will learn much from playing Antrim. Hopefully its on in Thurles next Saturday. Cant see a huge Limerick crowd going which would be a shame. Would have pulled a great crowd if we had got Cork. All those Cork lads who always follow their team will have to make up for us.

Me bollix they can. They were beaten to within an inch of their life by a team they mistakenly assumed they were getting the upper hand on. It’s back to square one I’m afraid

You think Dublin had assumed they were getting the upper hand on Kilkenny? :unsure:

That certainly seemed to be the vibe after the league final.

Small point but the only matches of any note that KK have lost since 2007 are those where Shefflin wasn’t able to play a role and even in the 2007 league final he was coming back from an injury. In short just as Tipp were very lucky not to have to face him for more than a few minutes in last years AI final Dublin were blessed that he wasn’t there for the league final. However Kilkenny might worry more because his presence seems to be worth about 15 points to the team. If he goes again this year they’re fucked.

Kilkenny might force me to revisit my opinion of them. Of course class like Walsh coming back is going to make a difference though. Was impressed with Paul Murphy and Colin Fennelly today so encouraging for them that newer players stood up as well as Shefflin and the likes. Dublin were fairly disappointing though. Carrying a few players still, it seems, and certainly more noticeable with them missing 3 or 4 too. I still think out and out pace and movement will trouble Kilkenny and I don’t think they’ll win it.

i went to the bigotdome today with my da,massive mistake- SRFC were playing pats & without dount 3k in tallaght would have created 10 times the atmosphere of that shit

stadium was 2/3rds empty ,de duds on the hill had 1 song which thy sang 5 times, de dud are attocious at stick hurling too- bordering on embarassing, saw them play KK in parnell about 10 years ago & without doubt they are as shit as ever

how shane ryan must regret his decision to switch

he could have been captain now leading us to nicky racard glory

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not wrong TASE. You probably are referring to the 1998 game in Parnell where Dublin similarly thought they were going to topple the Cats and like today got a stinging dose of reality. That shaper from Clarecastle must realize that to win an AI Dublin will probably have to beat both KK and Tipp and can’t expect to land a handy AI like the one he won in 95. Dublin are years from being able to do that.

& was the one in 1997 when they beat Cork, Tipp twice and Kilkenny a soft one as well

This is fucking hilarious shit from Fagan. We assumed we were going to beat Kilkenny in 1998 and we assumed we were going to beat Kilkenny forever more after the league final. You’d find it difficult to find one Dublin supporter who even thought we would beat Kilkenny before the league final even with them not having Shefflin, Walsh, Power and Fannelly. Fagan, look back on this thread and see who I thought would win today. I think you’ll find the phrase “Kilkenny goals” used.

Fagan also thinks Tipp are average. He’s proved he knows nothing about hurling.

Yes.

Hadnt they booked a celebration event in the Dandelion?

No but that wasn’t a break through win. History dictates that no team has won a break through AI beating one of the big three in an AI since God was a boy.

wrong yet again

No they hadn’t you waste of cunting oxygen

Surely your ‘sources’ told you about the statement from the Dublin camp outlining same.