Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

So the Dandelion were lying? Do you believe everything you read in the papers? Its a nice bubble you live in mate.

:rolleyes:

Gotta be careful who you do business with Sid. Hard luck today. There was always going to be bumps in the road.

It seems you believe everything you read, as long as it suits your own opinion.

If you want to talk about assuming things, didn’t your beloved Kerry have a 5 in a row record ready to go once they had hockeyed Offaly in 1982?

Five in a row
Five in a row,
It’s hard to believe we got five in a row

Stashed away in the same drawer as your Roy Keane World Cup 2002 t-shirt I’d say.

It isn’t the Dublin hurling team’s fault if a failing bar wants to boost publicity for itself by piggy backing on the success of the team.

Thursday June 30 2011

A DUBLIN bar has been forced to issue an apology after inviting the public to celebrate with the county hurling team next Sunday night and promising that team members Liam Rushe and ‘Dotsy’ O’Callaghan would be available for media interview.

The Dandelion Bar on St Stephen’s Green yesterday announced that the Dublin team would be guests of honour at a special reception on the premises on Sunday evening and invited the public “to celebrate with the team”.

They also associated team manager Anthony Daly with the invitation.

However, they later issued an apology.

It is understood the Dublin team management were deeply unhappy over the invitation, as it created the impression that a celebration had already been planned in advance of the Leinster hurling final at Croke Park, where they are up against a Kilkenny team who are seeking their seventh successive provincial title.

Good man Sid.

This bitter little cunts anal drippage masking as ‘banter’ is getting right on my fucking tits

No point getting pissed off with me because Dublin were shown up as average punters today. And if Tipp beat a KK team with a fully functioning Shefflin I will accept that they are above the norm. But as it is they conceded 23 points to a Cork team who are one point better than Offaly and 22 points to a Clare team who are 17 points worse than Galway. There the objective facts.

[quote=“sid waddell, post: 592105”]Q
This is fucking hilarious shit from Fagan. We assumed we were going to beat Kilkenny in 1998 and we assumed we were going to beat Kilkenny forever more after the league final. You’d find it difficult to find one Dublin supporter who even thought we would beat Kilkenny before the league final even with them not having Shefflin, Walsh, Power and Fannelly. Fagan, look back on this thread and see who I thought would win today. I think you’ll find the phrase “Kilkenny goals” used.

Fagan also thinks Tipp are average. He’s proved he knows nothing about hurling.
[/quote]

Tell me how

you from clare mate?

Name the teams Clare beat on the way to the 1995 All Ireland, might as welll start with the first one, June 4th 1995 in the Gaelic Grounds if it is any help to you

Tipperary

it was 98, KK had a portly fucker in goals that day & maybe de duds had a few lads from KK playing for them

actually a better atmosphere in parnell that day- some bandwagoners attached themselves to this team but thankfully the upcoming years in the doldrums will get rid o that

:smiley:
I actually own the jersey that “portly fucker” wore that day.

Did they play the AI in Limerick in June that year?

I think you’ll find that Dublin hurling supporters are pretty realistic. Even after beating Galway out the gate the expectation was that we would not be good enough today. I thought before today that we were four or five players short and we did not have a goalscoring threat. Those players may well come through in the next few years though. I’d be looking at 2013/2014 before we mount a genuine All-Ireland challenge.

Tipp aren’t above the norm? Did you watch the last two All-Ireland finals? Do you watch hurling at all? Get outta here.

I asked you to name some teams that were “above the norm” here a few weeks back and you couldn’t. Go on, name them now so.

:o

In fact it is about 5 feet from where I am right now.

utter garbage, last time they played at the bigotdome barely 10k saw them play offaly- there was 30k there today- that increase was becuase a lot of casual dublin fans thought they would give hurling a shot- they wont be back

the management team should have been working on the basics of stick hurling & not booking after match celebration parties

you mates with the portly fucker

Kilkenny with Shefflin are the standard. If youcan heat that you are exceptional. If you can’t you are one of the second tier. [quote=“sid waddell, post: 592125”]
I think you’ll find that Dublin hurling supporters are pretty realistic. Even after beating Galway out the gate the expectation was that we would not be good enough today. I thought before today that we were four or five players short and we did not have a goalscoring threat. Those players may well come through in the next few years though. I’d be looking at 2013/2014 before we mount a genuine All-Ireland challenge.

Tipp aren’t above the norm? Did you watch the last two All-Ireland finals? Do you watch hurling at all? Get outta here.

I asked you to name some teams that were “above the norm” here a few weeks back and you couldn’t. Go on, name them now so.
[/quote]