Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Fucking right they did, and lets not forget the game of the century against Offaly.

Bandage, what are your thoughts on the resignation of Colm Bonner?

Brief comment, didnā€™t see from 55th minute on, but KK looked super yesterday. Tommy was in ridiculous form as was Sheflin, although he should have got the line. KK were better than i thought theyā€™d be and gave what i saw the best hurling performance of the year so far, by a bit.

Wouldnā€™t be too disappointed if i was a Dub, they are still hyeading the right way and they came back after KK goals each time which is a good sign. Boland was a loss as was Dwyer in particular.

Another classic Tipp-KK will happen this year at some stage, happy days.

KK, Offaly, Galway, Limerick - hardly a soft All Ireland

The SRFC bandwagon wasnt long falling flat on its face, eircom league champs and can only attract 3k fans for a game against city rivals. Why was the ground only half full mate? SDCC might need to put the expansion of tallaght stadium on the backburner I reckon.

:lol: :lol:

Soccerballā€™s a third world sport in the capital now, after the Hurling, Gaelic Football, cricket and the rugger. Iā€™m sure the next ESRI report will bear this out.

i guess living in the arsehole of the commomwealth means you are out of touch with modern Irish society & have some srt of romantic & twee notion about the old sod but the recent ESRI report caused quite a stir here & it certainly confirmed what we all knew about stickhurling & attendances

They did indeed. But not in the AI final.

You nearly had me convinced and then you went and typed the words Benny Dunne. Almost proving my point.

Itā€™s only 13 months since the same Tipp team was laughed out of Cork because they couldnā€™t solve the conundrum of a 6 foot 7 full forward and 11 months since they scraped through a QF against Galway that Galway had won until Ollie Canning got hurt and the rest of the eejits started playing the clock.

Iā€™d hold off on the coronation until I saw bit more evidence.But Iā€™d need some convincing that a team that can accommodate the assorted talents of Paddy Stapleton, David Young, Gar Ryan, Bonner Maher, Seamus Callinan and others is ready to be ranked with the all time greats

I think this comment is vindicated, so Kev and Fitzy and any other cunt who said I was talking shite can fook off.

That was a fairly obvious observation Hang Blaa. Iā€™m surprised many Would have argued the point.
Will Richie Foley play Sunday?

You did see who one of them was right?

Well we got a lesson in championship hurling yesterday. KK came at us like a train from the first minute and it was all over as is the usual in KK games by the 25th minute. Even though the defeat was hard to take at least it will bring the Dublin lads back to earth and will have taught them what real championship hurling is all about and what is required to take the next step up to winning provincial titles and maybe an All Ireland.

I thought the ref was a bit lenient on Shefflin and that he should have at least 2 yellow cards before the first Dublin player was booked. Tommy Walsh was on fire yesterday and I couldnā€™t understand why Dublin didnā€™t change their puck out tactics to either a short ball or at least to put the ball into an area where Tommy wasnā€™t. I thought our full back line was very weak yesterday for two of the goals where they let Larkin and Fennelly run along the end line, surely to fuck they could have hit them a shoulder and put them or something. For us to take the next step we need to get faster moving the ball and stronger in the challenge but being in finals like we have been and being still involved in the championship in the latter stages will only help bring us on.

We badly missed the players that were out injured yesterday and if we can get them back before the next game then I think we will be in with a shout of getting to semi final. Still onwards and upwards. I must say congratulations to the minor hurlers who won their Leinster championship yesterday against KK. At least their is still good teams coming through. It has to be said that 3 Dublin hurling teams contesting 3 Leinster Finals is no mean feat.

Ah well still another final to go to next week. I hope the 4 mongs from Graiguenamanagh that were sitting behing me yesterday calling all Dublin folks scumbags are counting their lucky stars for getting out of the Croke park in one piece yesterday, not only did they manage to piss off and annoy any Dublin supporters sitting around them but the also managed to annoy their own fans as well, a few choice words were had with said mongs just after half time and that sent 2 of them scurrying for the exit while the other 2 that were doing all the shouting just sat their and kept their mouths shut and made a hasty exit with 5 minutes to go. Cant stand gobshites like that be they from the arse hole of nowhere or the ares hole of Dublin.

I was talking to a mate of his last week and he said that the ankle was still tender enough, but shpuld be ok.

I fell lack of ball winer in the half forward line could cost us dear at the weekend, but we should give them a right rattle.

I presume heā€™ll come in for Shanahan. They have no hope unless someone mans up under the puck out. Still I think Brian O Sullivan could cause havoc on that back line if he got good ball

Iā€™ll give you Young, the other four are all excellent and Callanan in particular has the talent to develop into one of the gameā€™s marquee players

Whatā€™s the difference? Dublin is nowhere.

They anti-kilkenny sentiment around here is absolutely disgusting :angry:

+1

de duds are terrible losers

Callinan has buckets of talent on loose balls but is too inclined to go hiding when the going gets tough.

Tipp will prove themselves when they beat a KK team with Shefflin in the ranks. Thatā€™s my own opinion. Until then I remain doubting Oā€™Dowd.

SHC Phase 2 Qualifiers
Cork v Galway, 4pm at Gaelic Grounds
Limerick V Antrim v 7pm at Parnell Park

Im not anti - Kilkenny what I am is anti arse holes from anywhere in the country. My wife is from Kilkenny and she even told the 4 gobshites to shut up, I guess she must be anti Kilkenny as well. Get the chip of the shoulder Fran, there are arsehole supporters in every county it is not an anti Kilkenny thing or Dublin are sore losers, that just plain and utter shite coming out ya there. Where you one of those gobshites?