Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

dublin are the worst offenders for being muldooligans im afraid

Yeah there are annoying gimps all over.

One thing we’ll have to put up with as Dublin get better and better are the casual Dublin fan of which there will be tens of thousands, who barely know the rules and talk like they have managed several counties to AI glory. We had one of these behind us yesterday. Empty vessels and all that.

I had a loner bunny boiler from Urlingford near me too.

Football or hurling supporters?

Ah sure its only Dublin that carry on like that, sure all the lovely people from outside the pale wouldn’t carry on like that. Load of shite, Dublin has its fair share of gobshites but don’t try tell me that there are not gobshites in any of the other counties.

Laz is hurting today…

Laz or Taz?

Aye, Taz would make more sense.

Laz could be hurting too mind you. Are you hurting Laz? Feel free to share.

I bet you were having a lovely day in Croke Park with your wife until a few idiots from Kilkenny ruined it :rolleyes:

Get over it Taz, you were pissed off about the score at half time and decided to take it out on a few jovial Kilkenny supporters to the point where they had to go sit somewhere else.

Unfortunately I didn’t make it to the match yesterday. I hope you enjoyed the day

Nah sure the match was over after 20 minutes. I will be hurting next week if we loose to the yellow bellies in the football. Still we won the minor and in the final of the 21’s suppose we cant be greedy. :smiley:

What kind of crowd will Cork v Galway get. Suppose it will do well to break 10k in Limerick, Galway are always terrible to travel while Cork hurling fans very seldom travel to qualifiers

I sure was having a good day until they did turn up. Oh you know me so well fran, yeah I so pissed off about the score at half that I decided to run amok on some poor dim witted KK folk who were unfortunate to have seats near me.

Would you ever fuck off Fran, you know nothing about me or the way I am. Was I pissed off with the score at half time? Nope I wasn’t, it was to be expected after the Dubs beat KK in the league final, I wouldn’t have expected anything less. Was I disappointed with how the Dubs performed? Yes I was. Would I go slagging of fans of another team? No I would, see I respect other teams, but I dont respect any fan that does not respect the opposition team and their supporters. Where have I ever come on here and slagged off any team, where you think I ran amok. You are a fucking gimp, simple as that. you were probably one of the fucking gobshites behind me yesterday. Fucking idiot.

Combined with an even smaller than usual Limerick football crowd I’d say 10k will be about right.

I was pleasantly surprised with the turnout for the Limerick game on Saturday evening. About 15k, with only a small spattering from Wexford.

Surely there will be a bigger crowd than that there especially for the Cork/Galway game? Would the locals not be interested in that game? I reckon that will be a good game, Cork have been go along nice and quiet and Galway seem to got themselves together now, which has all the makings of a good game.

I reckon you could see about 1k at the Limerick/Antrim match though in parnell park.

I’ll go along to it myself. It’s a pity the hurling fixture couldn’t be accommodated as a double header.

Limerick V Offaly @ 2pm in Limerick

Cork V Galway @ 5pm in Thurles
Limerick V Antrim @ 7pm in Thurles

If Limerick beat Antrim and when Tipperary beat Waterford, will Limerick and Waterford be kept apart in the Q/F?

I’m afraid I’ve no option but to agree with Taz here. I’ve met Fran and Taz is spot on with his character assessment.

Yeah they’ll both get their usual quarter final pairings. Waterford will get Galway and Dublin will get Limerick.

Fran’s silence is deafening here. Taz has taken him to school

it’s coat time

Limerick v Dublin would be a good game.

Limerick and Dublin in Croker has the potential to be the game of the year IMO,not looking past Antrim for now though even though we should beat them by 7-8 pts

Sure would be a cracker of a game. I think both teams would believe they could win it and both sets of supporters thinking that their team should win it. There shouldn’t be too much between Dublin and Limerick. Limerick should beat Antrim but we seen last year what happened when Dublin underestimated them, I reckon the Dubs wont mind which side they get though. :smiley: