Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Hmmmmm I was planning on going home this weekend but I might hang around now.

It’s actually priceless when you think that Limerick could realistically get to an AI semi-final after last years farce! :lol:

The fixture is not set in stone yet as I believe Limerick as pushing to have it deferred until Sunday.

It’s shaping up exactly like 09 :unsure:

Ah sure, tis the way of the hurling world. :slight_smile:

:blink: but now we have the best Manager in the business… would I be right in saying that? is DOG the best manager in the game right now considering what he has to work with and his past achievements with Cork?

I wouldn’t be afraid of the Dubs anyway if we get that far. I think the Dubs would beat us but without a major goal threat I don’t think we’d be too far off them. I’m worried we’ll meet someone with a proper goal threat and get absolutely rotivated. If we somehow beat the Dubs and drew either Kilkenny or Tipp we’d be liable to get our asses handed to us in a major way. A glorious defeat to Dublin and a day out in croker would be a good end to the season.

:clap:

If only the GAA had a few more men like Taz.

Despite my gloatings elsewhere we shouldn’t be getting carried away.
At the end of the day we’ve lost to an average Waterford side in a game we should have won, and beaten a terrible Wexford team, who if they had been more clinical could have pushed us all the way. Wins against both Antrim and Dublin and a creditable semi-final performance are needed before we can say we are truly “back”.

:clap:

I was chatting to TASE some years back and he explained to me that people need to realise GAA players are amateurs playing their hobby. I used to get annoyed at GAA defeats and shout and whinge at referees but I save that for professional sports that actually matter now.

If Limerick make it to a semi they’ll give it some rattle. This team is more akin to the 2007 vintage than 2009

TASE is an alright sort :clap:

I would agree with that and unlike in 09 where we had no game plan,tactics and most important for any Limerick team raw passion we seem to have all now under the current set up.We are still very much a work in progress but it’s encouraging to see this new breed of young scoring forwards coming through,oh to have a healthy shaugs like in 07 now what a forward unit we would have then.

It’s a crying shame that it was at Wexford’s expense but it’s only magnificent to see Limerick hurling on the march again. :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

FOD- Your assertion about Shefflin is true but I would say however he hasn’t done it against Tipperary recently. He was brutal in the 09 league & AIF final.

Him going off injured didn’t win Tipp the AIF last year as they proved the year before [imo] that they were well able for KK and in fact much better than them.

A complete irrelevance but what the fuck are Antrim still doing in the championship? Can someone please think of the children and prevent teams from benefiting from losing their opening game which is effectively what has happened here.

How do you fix it?
Seedings?

Then Cark would be gone too, no?

Run the provincial championships off on some kind of round robin basis. 6 teams in Munster (incl Kerry), 6 / 7 / 8 in Leinster. Matches every second weekend from whenever till end of July. Top 4 teams from each group go to a proper AI quarter final. Let top 2 teams in each league play a provincial final as well if needs be. Let Walsh / Crystal cups continue in current format. Abolish current league structure. Give clubs more time for games between Walsh / Crystal cup and start of “championship”.

Am sure there’s flaws throughout that but just a suggestion.