Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Corbett is the ultimate Goal Hanger, I don’t mean that in a bad way btw but as the boys said he needs good service.
Canning and Sheflin are more similar but Shefflin is more consistent than the Joe Show at the moment. Kilkenny without Shefflin are a pale imitation.

[quote=“The Runt, post: 592490”]
Yes, that all ties into my earlier point I suppose, when Tipp were an average side then Corbett was only a bit better than average. Now that Tipp are a good side he is lethal.[/quote]
nail on head runt

Downes got injured the week after the league final Chewy, hardly trained betwwen that and the W’ford game. Was obviously struggling in the last 15 mins.

Re the Corbett/Shefflin/Canning debate it would have to be Shefflin, as others have said he sets the tempo for KK. Hopefully he will stay fit and we see will a cracking AI final. (cant see anyone beating either KK or Tipp before the final, unless Galway get KK and hit a 2005 style day again.)

On the Cork/Galway game, I cant believe that people are saying that Galway are superior hurlers. They are miles ahead of Cork in terms of preperation…yes Strength and Conditioning again. They have Tannion, Gantley and Alan Kerins in the forwards. Nobody is arguing that these are any better than Niall McCarthy, Ben O Connor, Horgan, O Sullivan? What they did do was physically dominate their opponent. Was very impressed by how have turned their year around and I’d fully expect them to beat W’ford.

Watched the Sunday Game last night, Henderson criticisng Cork defenders for trying to play their way out of the defence instead of driving it long. Obviously didn’t see the game, the majority of ball just driven out came straight back again, Cullinane must have had sore arms on Sat night. the amount of ball he pucked.

Agree with all that. Cork had to work the ball to their own 45 and then drive it long because unless they cleared the Galway HB line, it was being intercepted and driven straight back in on top of them.

Ye are completely wrong lads, ask Lazarus, Galway’s gameplan isn’t about physicality or strangling the life out of teams between the two 40 metre lines.

Revisit your statement on Downse there like a good lad

I still don’t believe that he was completly emptied as Limerick people make out, O’Grady wouldn’t have left a player on the field if he had nothing left in the tank with 10 minutes to go regardless of what he had done the previous 60, he doesn’t go for that sort of sentiment.

:rolleyes:

Three people who were at the match have told you he was visibly drained in the last 15 minutes yet you insist there is “no evidence” to suggest he was.

lack of option Chewy, who would we have replaced him with? Donie Ryan?

So you are saying the one of the most meticulous managers in the current game left a player on the field despite the fact he was visibly drained with 15 left, I ain’t buying that

David Breen & Pat Tobin both came on with 5 or 6 minutes to go and both could have done a job in there, if Downes was emptied with 15 left he would have been replaced

Well he was fucked and he wasn;t replaced. It’s simple.

If you look back you’ll see he made a tired swing at a ball in the last 5 minutes, that earlier in the game he would have tried to take on.
A ball went off to the side at one stage and he was beaten to it. He went down on his knees for a few seconds afterwards trying to get his breath.
He was visibly breathing very heavy.

If Downes had got one more decent chance then he probably would have stuck it away, would Tobin or Breen? Worth having on the field even in a weakened state.

What happened in the Munster final yesterday, Why did Tipp get a walkover? Could Waterford not field a team?

As a Dublin supporter I have been on the end of some hidings but jesus that was a shocking display yesterday. Are Tipp really that good?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAFoo92KGoc

To take ‘delight’ from Tipp hammering us is of course your porogative…

Cunt

Of course Cork folk are noted for their notorious lack of arrogance and confidence.

Well HangBlaa… 2 weeks time in Thurles. The favorites tag wont suit our lads at all but if they can even hold some of the momentum they have built we should beat ye.

Davey and his ould fella were sitting near us in Limerick on Saturday evening, so at least he has a bit of research done.

Brick Walsh will have to be restored to CB for a start anyway.

Galway have never beaten Waterford in the championship, something like 0-8. Lots of pressure on them in 2 weeks time. Waterford can’t play as badly surely? Will be closer than most think.

I’m calling it for Waterford

I would presume that Lawlor will be back at three with Eoin Murphy or Kearney also coming back into the full backline if they are all over thier injuries. Maurice or Eoin Kelly will surely get the start at wing forward as well