Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

you can pick individuals out of any team who are skillful. the point is that overall galway have far better players than cork. Ben O’Connor is a shadow of the player he was.

He hasn’t had hamstring injury for a few years now. The guy that sorted that for him deserves a lot of credit.

Ah we do, they have regressed due to a shit set up and also i believe a drop in hunger due to this and the strikes. This is all about the game saturday, no way would Galway have wiped Cork in the fashion they did had a football type regime been in charge. Had he 2-3 years with them they’d be beating Galway, probably handy enough. Its not just the physical side either, its the mental approach. Galway started that game 6 up the last day because of the lack of faith in the game plan and management.

Spot on, the thinking on here is off and ill informed.

Agree on the O’ Connors, but they are no longer in the top 15 hurlers in Cork. They shouldn’t be on the team.

I think he worked with sprinter Gary Ryan who used hold the Irish 100m record?

I first really noticed Corbett in the 2001 drawn and replayed semi-finals against Wexford when David O’Connor snuffed him out in both games. My how their respective careers have diverged since that senior debut season for each of them.

It was Cork who started the game six up FFS

:lol:

Sunday July 24, Semple Stadium
Limerick v Dublin 2pm
Galway v Waterford 4pm

Nice one.

Suits me lovely.

I imagine the schedulers took that into consideration when settling on the time and venue.

Obviously.
I’m a great GAA man.

The absolute bastards. Would’ve much preferred the 4pm slot. I hate getting out of bed early.
Good excuse to drink cans on the train though.

We don’t give a willy,
We don’t give a wank
We are the Limerick
NORTH BANK

Delighted it on in Thurles. Hopefully the same result as in 2009. Can Galway finally beat Waterford? I think they will. Should be a cracking day.

According to rte, the hurling semi finals are due to take place in pairc UI chaoimh on 7th August - is this correct?

Yeah, JLS are playing Croke Park that weekend.

Christ almighty. Why not thurles. That place in cork is a shithole. Some planning by croke park as well.

What :angry:

Whats the point living in Dublin if I don’t get to stroll home after a Sunday in Croke Park.
Pairc UĂ­ Chaoimh ffs what a shithole.

JLS!!!

For fuck sake. Are they not one of those x-factor type bands?
Are they actually playing Croke Park? They played Thomond Park only a few weeks ago.

Some joke having them in Cork, although I suppose they couldn’t take any chances that a team might end up with home advantage for the semi so they took the safe option and fixed it for a non hurling county.

Sorry lads, I just made that up in an attempt to annoy some of you.