Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

The pitch looks shit in Wexford Park. 3500 is a truly awful crowd for a senior match. Wexford people are a bit like Munster rugby “fans” it appears.

Tard of a reporter said Eanna Martin got the goal when in fact it was Rory Jacob.

I disagree with everything you said.

1. I taught William Egan did well at centre back. Noel McGrath only scored 1 point off him. not bad going on Egans part.

2.Cusack hadnt a hope of saving any of the goals. They were hit with ferocious power and there was no stopping any of them.

1. This isnt the worse cork team since 1989. This Cork team aint as bad as people make out. They seriously put it up to Tipp today and will at least make it to the Semi Finals if not the Final this year. id rate them better than Dublib and even Galway. Also, this Cork team is better then any Cork team from 93-97 so your point that this is the worst Cork team since 1989 is quite stupid.

Or what happens if either of them picks up an injury or Kilkenny figure out how to hold either or both of them. It doesn’t become so ridiculous then. It’s like people thinking Kilkenny were unbeatable. Until Shefflin got injured. And then they weren’t.

ps. you also said ‘Take Kelly and Corbett out of that team and they are no better than anyone else b’

I dont know what your trying to say about Tipp here? if you take two of the best players out of any team then the team aint obvisously going to be as good.
Take Tommy Walsh and Henry Shefllin out of that team and they are no better than anyone else b’

Take Joe Canning and Shane Kavanagh out of that team and they are no better than anyone else b’

Take John Mullane and Brick Walsh out of that team and they are no better than anyone else b’

etc etc.

SAS

I think you’re right. O’Dowd is a fool it appears. Comparing teams over the years like that is pointless because everything is relative to the standard of opposition at the time.

You’ve a fine appreciation of our national game for someone from Great Britain.

I agree, take Donie Ryan and Wayne Mac out of the Limerick team and we are a fairly average side.

Tipp aint a two man team. have you ever heard of Paidi Maher, Brendan Maher, Bonnar Maher, Noel McGrath, Shane McGrath, Gearoid Ryan, John O’Brien, Conor O’Mahoney, Brendan Cummuns etc.
you say if Kilkenny figure out how to hold either of em?? Lar and Eoin have been playing together for so long at this stage youd think if Kilkenny figured out a way of handling them then they would be going for 6 in a row this year.

SAS

In fariness it was unfortunate for wexford that the game clashed with the Carling Cup soccer friendly in Dublin

It is ridiculous. Think about it when you’re sober and maybe you’ll see sense. You’re only compounding your foolishness with your comparison to Shefflin and KK. It’s obvious that if you remove the best players from a team then it is weakened.

Limerick could win Munster? they will in their bollox win Munster.
have you ever watched a game of hurling before? im guessing you havnt judging by your last few posts in this thread.

SAS

No offence. It’s not a centre backs job to hold a centre forward scoreless. It’s his job to utterly dominate the line and provide the launch pad for the forwards. Like what Ronan Curran might do or Pauric Maher. Do you think Pauric Maher gives a monkeys that Cian McCarthy scored a point. He does in his bollix. He won ball after ball and launched attack after attack. Egan did none of these things. And made a crucial error near the end to hand the momentum back to Tipp.

Time will bear me out on how bad this Cork team is.

Cummins would have stopped two of those Tipp goals. He wouldn’t have stopped Kellys because thats his weak spot.

Listen Fagan, do you think Ronan Curran would have dominated the game today? he would in his bollox. William Egan did well considering the situation he was in. he was never going to dominate that game when you have the likes of Noel McGrath marking you and when you have Bonnar Maher hooking and blocking and hassling.
Pauric Maher wasnt that dominate today I taught. and yes, im sure he would give a monkeys that Cian McCarthy scored a point off him today. he wouldnt have the right mindset if he didnt give a shit that his man scored on him.
What error did Egan make to hand back Tipp the momentum?

i honestly dont think any goalie would have stopped any of those goals today.

SAS

Agree. This Cork team will do absolutely nothing this year.

Disagree. Cusack couldn’t have done much about any of the goals. If he had pulled off a save for any of them it would have been legendary stuff.

It really did. The ground looked terrible on TV and, with the benefit of hindsight, I can understand why our Limerick posters were disappointed by their match day experience in Wexford Park in 2009.

Double post

Runt, in your opinion, im guessing you feel that Cork aint as good as Galway and Dublin. how exactly are the likes Galway and Dublin better than Cork???
Just want to hear your opinion on the matter.

SAS

For some reason I have a feeling South Armagh Sniper may not be from South Armagh.

South Armagh Sniper is a phoney

Lookit. If you think Wilkiam Egan is fit for purpose as a centre back for a team with ambitions of being on the shake up for the All Ireland then we will never agree on anything.

Re Limerick. They got a big result in Ennis when they needed one. Not many teams can do that. Waterford couldn’t the last time they were asked to do that. Limerick could beat Waterford. After that with a bit of momentum they could rattle this mostly mediocre Tipp team

i dont think William Egan should be Cork’s centre back , but what I’m saying is that he did well in the conditions that he was in today.

Re;Limerick. a big result in Ennis??? winning a Division 2 title in Ennis is a big result??? are you drunk?? how the hell is that a big result beating a young and windy Clare team in a Division 2 final?

mostly mediocre Tipp team?? please tell me where this Tipp team is mediocre?? jesus, cant wait to hear this now.
calling a team like Tipp mediocre ?? iv heard it all now so i have.

SAS