Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

I actually think Limerick will be quite handy this year. I think thil put it up to Waterford but cant see them beating em. And if they were to beat Waterford, i wouldnt be able to see them beat Tipp in the final, who i think will beat Clare easily.

SAS

[quote=“South Armagh Sniper”]
He lost the ball at around 56 minutes and Corbett stuck it over the bar to swing the momentum back to Tipp

I find myself wondering about the 23 points thing. Surely if Tipp are as serious as they’re being built up then conceding 23 points to a team in transition isn’t good. Or are Cork better than everyones giving them credit for.

Repeat of the '96 Final is on B)

The pitch was heavily sanded for some reason. Lar Pender was practicing sidelines in front of me before the start and every one lifted a chunk of sand out of the ground. What did you think of the game Appendage?

Tipp lost to Cork last year by 10 points and conceded 3-15 , and yet went on to win the All Ireland.
the defence wasnt great today but sure they won and thats all that matters to Tipp

SAS

Yes winning the Division 2 title was a big result for Limerick. Do you think they’d have been happy if they lost it?

The following Tipp players are nothing special

Cummins
Stapleton
Curran
Young
O Keeffe
Ryan
Callinan
Maher
O Brien

Most of them wouldn’t make the Kilkenny subs

:rolleyes:

That was last year FFS

and?

SAS

Tipp are mediocre. Right. Do name me some non-mediocre teams Fagan.

but winning a Division 2 title against Clare matters fuck all when it come’s to championship.

Cummins - one of the best goalies ever to play the game.
Stapleton - had a poor game today, but he usual is a brilliant corner back. ask any knowledgable hurling fan and they will tell you how good he is.
Curran - has given great service to Tipp and is a solid as a rock.ask any knowledgable hurling fan and they will tell you how good he is.
Young - i think he is too slow for inter county hurling and dont think hil start at the business end of the championship. still his a good sub to bring in
O’Keefe - how can you judge O’Keefe after youv probely only seen him hurl for the 1st time today? taught he did alright on Ben O’Connor. he was a standout player in the fitzgibbon championship. one for the futher.
Ryan - this lad is very under rated hurling. does a serious amount of work for his team and great to take a score. should be playing wing forward but is midfield due to Bredan Mahers injury.
Callinan- wins fuck all ball but there are few better in the game than him to take a score. got man of the match today from the RTE panel.
Maher - Bonnar Maher is the essential player to his tipp team. if you ever seen him play then you would reliase the amount of blocking, hassling and hooking he does. he was brilliant today, esp in the 1st half. should have gotten man of the match.
O’Brien - probaly Tipps least effective forward but still chips in with scores in most games.

now, you said that most of the above wouldnt even make the Kilkenny subs bench?? i honestly think your just wumming at this stage. otherwise, your clueless when it comes to hurling.

SAS

Apart from Cummins we seem to be in agreement that none of these 9 Tipp players are anything special.

I thought it was patchy like the pitch.

Got opened up a bit easily in the first half and the Antrim goal was sloppy and seemed to be ours to clear. Still there were some fine scores and Redmond’s goal was a cameo of what he can do when supporting the play.

I don’t think we played to form today and still won easily. I would’ve liked us to get another 5 or 6 points because we had the chances.

I think there’s more in some of our lads and if we can produce it against KK in 2 weeks then there’s a chance, although maybe slightly dependent on how many KK are missing. As FO(A)D cleverly pointed out, teams missing their better players are not as strong as the otherwise are.

Antrim were shit as expected. The Leinster championship has been good for them but they need to be in at underage also to make any real and consistent gains.

The bit on TV looked awful in fairness.

Bonnar Maher, Paddy Stapleton, Paul Curran and Ryan are all top class hurlers.
On their day, O’Brien and Callinan can do serious damage to any team and it’s too early yet to judge O’Keefe after just one game.

Kilkenny - the following are over rated as fuck
PJ Ryan
John Dalton
Cha
Tennyson
Reid
Richie Hogan
Fogarty

Will you ever fuck off with your crooked arguments.

Grand sure Tipp mightn’t win 5 in a row but they’re a decent team and look set to be at the top for a while based on their success at under age level.

Morons like you highlight debating the internet as the folly that it is. You’re either a 24 carat plonker or a wum.

The KK subs showed what they’re made of against the Duds a few weeks back.

Yes let’s judge Kilkenny on the basis of a league game

My 9 were:
Brian Hogan
James Ryall
Aidan Fogarty
Michael Rice
PJ Ryan
John Tennyson
John Dalton
Martin Comerford
John Mulhall

Using Fagan’s standards they are nothing special

like your judging O’Keefe on his championship debut.
please fuck off this thread as you know nothing about hurling

SAS

like your judging O’Keefe on his championship debut.
please fuck off this thread as you know nothing about hurling

SAS

Gentlemen if Tipp win the All Ireland this year come back to me. Personally I think they are too mediocre to do it.

ya, like they were too mediocre to win it last year.

SAS

Fagan, name me some teams that have won All-Irelands who by your standards were of a higher standard than mediocre. I’d say you’ll be scratching the head for a while.