Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

We will see Sas.

Surprised at Bando, he seems to be a decent judge of hurler, SO’N has been a one man show for Cork defe3nsively a few times in the last few years.

FACT.

Been flagged by literally everyone with even a passing interest in Cork hurling. DW is not a good manager going on his performance to date.

Stop it Bandage, just stop.

:rolleyes: :lol:

Mulhall is barely a decent club hurler. Its seeing him on the squad and even playing that cornfirms my suspicions KK are in real trouble, and need 4 or 5 of last years Minors to mature quick, or the bridge from Henry & Co. back may be too much.

I hope the referee in Wexford Park in two weeks time applies the rules of hurling properly. Kilkenny have been given special treatment in recent years with their neck/head high tackling, wild striking that goes unpunished, throwing the ball in front of themselves and running onto it and so on. A fair official and we should beat them but a referee sympathetic to their cheating and it could be close. I might go to this game actually.

how did Jim Berry go today for Wexford? nice stylish hurler.
also, where is Des Mythen these days? anywhere near the set up? whats Martin Storeys son like to hurl?
any other Wexford greats from the 90’s have any sons who are promising hurlers?

SAS

CLD, rumours are that Murphy refuses to play corner-back (presumebly because its a shit position) which would explain him playing half-back (and midfield) thoughout the league and today, but as I said, its a rumour. Nonetheless, he isn’t a half-back, but we haven’t many options in this position, just Nagle who is young and inexperienced.

Its hard to tell how good Cork are going by today. From one point of view, we left a massive amount of scores on the field and had a lot of possession, from another Tipp were probably going at about 70-80%, had a number of injuries and still won by eight points. I was proud of the performance of the lads but Walsh isn’t up to it and right now so much of our season lies on the shoulders of Conor Lehane, which suggests how desperate we are.

Ya, mentioned that the other day. Poor indication of it alright, but in fairness he could be something special and consider the impact Noel McGrath, DJ Carey, Shefflin and others had in their early years. Not saying he is that good yet, but there is something about the lad. He could lift Cork up that extra little nocth to be some kind of force.

what club is Lehane? Midleton?

SAS

Ya, Midleton.

jesus, Midleton really have a serious amount of good hurlers coming through.
why wasnt Lehane playing today?
They have Nagle and Farrell. plus they might be getting in Kevin Hartnett too. plus, 2 of the wing backs on the Cork minor team were from Midleton. have they many lads on the u21s bar Farrell?

SAS

Fuck me, this O’Dowd fella is a simpleton of the highest order. How did he sneak in under the radar.

Lehane is doing the leaving.

Lehane, Nagle, Luke O’Farrell, Seamus O’Farrell, Patrick O’Mahony and Paul Haughney will all be on the U-21 panel, and at least four of those five will be starting. Paudi O’Shea might be there as well but I doubt it.

B Hogan Tennyson and Dalton are as good as anything that’s out there. Lads eulogizing Bonnar Maher and then having a cut at Fogarty are simply having a laugh. Ryall and Comerford are not even on the panel. Ryan is finished. The other three will be panel members. I agree with everyone about Mulhall

Listen all I did was point out that Tipp conceded 23 points to a piss poor Cork team. At least 4 of that team will never see a championship year again. [quote=“sid waddell, post: 591625”]
My 9 were:
Brian Hogan
James Ryall
Aidan Fogarty
Michael Rice
PJ Ryan
John Tennyson
John Dalton
Martin Comerford
John Mulhall

Using Fagan’s standards they are nothing special
[/quote]

I was told recently that Midleton had 13 Cork Minors in the last 5 years. I couldn’t count that many, but they are full of talent alright.

Thought it was a bad idea moving the game from Parnell to Croke Park. The hurlers have not yet caught on in Dublin and in my opinion the fans that are going to those games are what the core of the Dublin support is really for both football and hurling. For the hurlers to get a big crowd they will need to take a couple of big scalps in the championship this summer and get to either the Leinster final and put in a good display or at least get to the All Ireland quarter finals and either beat a big name team there or else run them very close.

On the game I agree with you that it will do Dublin the world of good, it will bring the hurlers back down to the ground with a bang and they will realize that they have to play to their best because if they don’t they can be beaten. The Dublin team we saw today thought they only had to turn up and that they would win the game and weren’t focused on just going out and playing the way they can, instead I think they were still caught up in the hype from winning the league. I think it will be a different, more focussed and more determined Dublin that will be on show the next day against either Galway or Westmeath.

Looking forward to Galway V Dublin already. Saturday 18th June in Tullamore is looking the lightly date/venue.

Confidence seems to be low in Galway at the moment as the general thought is that management are void of ideas as to how to get the best out of this bunch of players. However they have earned their right to see out the 2011 campaign so i’ll hold my fire for now.

Our forwards dont seem to be able to catch any ball cleanly so clearly the use of any high ball in there will yield very little. Management need to devise a game plan around this and the question is… are they capable of this.

No disrespect meant to Westmeath with this post but scene as Athenry beat them in a challenge game a few weeks ago I cant see them offering much of a challenge.

[quote name=‘Kinvara’s Passion’ timestamp=‘1306750158’ post=‘493341’]
Looking forward to Galway V Dublin already. Saturday 18th June in Tullamore is looking the lightly date/venue.[/quote]
Dont rule out Dublin getting it to Croker again.

I don’t think that will happen MBB, especially after the poor crowd at the weekend. The only way it would be moved to Croker is if they play both semi finals on the same day.

Kearney, Nagle, Aidan Ryan, O’Shea, the two O’Farrells, Haughney, Lehane, Moore, Burke, White, O’Mahony, Walsh.

Double header in wexford park in 2 weeks time, footballers and hurlers on the same day. Wexford to win both

The hurling better be on 2nd. I’ve a christening earlier in the day.