Official 2011 All Ireland Hurling Championship Thread

Boland was excellent, not only did he sweep well and win ball but his distribution under pressure was excellent. Corcoran had a fine game on Eoin Kelly who looks a shadow of the player he was 5 or 6 years ago while Peter Kelly had an excellent second half. Noel McGrath was very good in the second half for Tipp. Curran, Cahill and Maher were very good for Tipp but their performances would have to be qualified by the fact that their prominance at times in the game was donw to the fact that they were the free men at different stages.

As I said earlier in the week if you want to beat Tipp you have to make their forwards scrap for ball, there is no doubting their class but they just don’t have consistent primary ball winners and this was the reason Dublin were kept in the game but hadn’t enough finishers in their forward line.

+1. some times injuries can be helpful to finding out a lad’s best position. positioning of kelly at full back certainly strengthened the dublin team considerably.

I think it’s fair to say that this worked out exactly as I predicted.
Fair play to Dunph as well who had the right idea. [quote=“Fagan ODowd, post: 592962”]
Tipp are going to get some fucking rattle next Sunday. They’ll probably survive it because Dublin have so many injuries but it will be the first test of their physicality they’ll have had in a year. Drumcree Daly will be absolutely loving the build up to this

Big test for Declan Ryan as a manager.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t have expected Dublin to live with Tipp in top gear to be honest. Tipp have made huge strides from June to August every year but today they never looked comfortable. Similar in some ways to Kilkenny who were ragged looking towards the end of their semi-final. Dublin were really outstanding in the middle third, well capable of matching Tipp in the breaks and driving through the tackles confidently time after time. For Tipp the worry is that while they’ve shown they can survive a war in the middle of the field, they’ll be facing a side the next day who will be far more efficient in attack.

Read back through it again. I said Tipp would win and they won. I advised Fagan to not put money on Dublin or Waterford as they would both lose. I was proved right on both counts. Simples.

Thanks Mac. I took your advice. [quote=“Mac, post: 593255”]

Read back through it again. I said Tipp would win and they won. I advised Fagan to not put money on Dublin or Waterford as they would both lose. I was proved right on both counts. Simples.
[/quote]

Paul Ryan aside, no Dublin player scored more than once today. Very unusual. A credit to Tipp’s defending I suppose.

Oh come on Mac, even you can admit now that Tip were no 1/20 shots?? Be big enough to admit that…

i would have had them shorter to be honest

I know you would have, and you’d have been right. I hope Mac doesn’t come back on and give us the old “well they won didn’t they” line…

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 593259”]

i would have had them shorter to be honest
[/quote]Did you ever play hurling Fenway?

Admins lock this thread. The Championship is over.

i did fagan and i know enough that playing two sweepers behind the full back line will never win you a game of hurling. throw another couple of formations there you clown

:smiley:

Dunph embarrassing himself here. First he bumps a losing bet and then follows it up with this scutter. Sad to see.

It’s called a value bet Mac. No harm in backing an 84/1 shot which is within a hairs breadth of coming in. I would take them over your failed 1/9 bets any day. :stuck_out_tongue:

We’ve been through this. If they played the game once then Tipp would have won it 20 times.

We’ll leave it Mac, clearly your demented.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 593263”]

i did fagan and i know enough that playing two sweepers behind the full back line will never win you a game of hurling. throw another couple of formations there you clown
[/quote]Jaysus you’re very touchy. Is it because I called this game spot on?

Good to see all the riff raff gone now and we have the dream final to look forward to

delighted de duds were beaten- fuck them orange cunts

took dunphs advised& laid tipp @ 1/20 then backed then @ 4/6 in running-huzzah