Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

Great move by Cork but saved. Angle was tight

Both keepers have made fine stops - not sure how much either knew about either

Never like seeing a free taker coming in straight behind the rise of the ball, will always slice it

They all count. Tipp should have scored. Leahy with the point down the other end then, nice turnaround

I assume Darren McCarthy is underage again next year? What happened to the small full forward from the 2022 minors? Put up a couple of big scores in the round robin

Tom Delaney is from the travelling community and has retired from hurling.

Disappointing to read

6 Likes

We havenā€™t gone away you knowā€¦

1 Like

Tipp are :back:

A few snipers in coopers there.

2 Likes

Darragh underage next year. Most of these fellas are

Iā€™m coming around the view Ben Oā€™Connor hasnā€™t a notion.

3 Likes

He shamed cork hurling how he went and played Offaly last year.

2 Likes

All of the team are underage next year with the exception of Ben Currivan and Jack Collins.

Didnā€™t watch it live but watched it back there. Tipps first goal from a rebound off the post which was the big score and it gave them a lead they never relinquished. Cork had some bad wides in the first half and Tipp were very clinical in front of goal.

Tipp played a sweeper under Currivan who was excellent but were also well able to compete up top on puckouts. Unlike our senior panel we can survive playing with a forward less as this group are mobile and pacey.

Lot of these lads going in the right direction, when you consider 7 of the 9 substitutes are also there next year then this group should improve another bit.
Oisin O Donoghue was my MOTM tonight, heā€™s just so good on the ball.

This Cork team won the minor 3 years ago by a cricket score but it was a Covid year and their superstar best player Ben O Connor is playing rugby.
On the upside, they will definitely feel they had a stinker and with Timmy Wilk to come back in then they will improve even more.

It looks like these two could meet once again in the final at which juncture Iā€™d expect a much closer game.

With this group and a ripe Euan Murray, there is hope for an all Ireland circa 2028/29 cc @Fat_Pox @peddlerscross

4 Likes

We will take 2029 pal. Obviously we will go on the piss then and not do the two in a row but there might be another one in them circa 2034/35

3 Likes

That beating was coming. Zero chance BOC will turn this around. No center-back and completely reliant on Healy up front. Very little on the bench besides Wilk.

Thankfully this will scupper any chance he has of getting the senior job.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t go that far. They absolutely butchered their 1st two goal chances.

Who else would be in the mix for it?

Might give Pat Ryan another go if he gets two good performances out of them against Tipp/Limerick.

Cork could do worse than give John Meyler another crack at it.

Should have won the AI in 2018. A sympathetic referee who went too far done for them.

I always admired his polished black shoes and suit pants he used to wear on the sideline too.

1 Like