Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

Wexford beating KK and KK hammering Galway are the outliers there. Both are stronger than Wexford.

Rynne could play anywhere between 5 and 12 at the next level - he ended up wing back for the last couple of games for the 20s last year. He won his battle at midfield with Adam English fairly comfortably last year too - not the flashiest of stickman but has the attitude and athleticism. Seems to relish rucks and dirty work.

I suspect Galway & KK targeting certain games.

Dublin easily beat KK.

1 Like

Clare v Cork in Munster minor football semi, live from Quilty on TG4 YouTube channel now.

The Banner lads are down to 14 men, after 20 minutes, midfielder Weaver shown a straight red. They were absolutely hopeless with 15 men anyway.

1-7 to 0-1 at half time for the Rebels.

Cark will win this pulling up.

They were lucky to win the prelim phase competition from what I had seen, this is way beyond them. Less and less of the dual contingent becoming available for big ball as well.

1 Like

Kildare leading 6-5 v Dublin at HT in Leinster minor football semi final,

1 Like

Full time in Quilty:

Clare 0-8 Cork 1-13

A gallant second half by the 14 Banner lads, which they at least won by 0-7 to 0-6.

Clare FM of the opinion that apart from the first 20 minutes, the teams are pretty level :rofl:

Hugh Oā€™Neill from Judeā€™s with a worldie to win it for Dublin. Ref gave Kildare a very soft free from 14 yards out on the right in additional time to level it but they missed. Kildare were 5 up with 5 mins to go but Dublin snuck two goals.

1 Like

Two quick goals late on was the story of the game

1 Like

Adam Screeney giving an exhibition in the Tullamore sunshine against Laois.

0-18 to 1-4 at the break and it could be more

Rory Jacob in the Dublin U20 management team. Did yer man Shane Oā€™Brien manage Oulart recently? Trying to figure out the link here.

Dublin 9-8 up at half time after scoring the last 3 points. Wexford let it slip a bit late on. Playing an extra defender & backs generally on top but finding it hard to pierce the Dublin half back line. Sean Rowley very good from frees (bar one late miss) & play.

Oā€™Brien didā€¦ Awful slow game.

Very scrappy game so far. Rowley going well.

I didnt know Jacob was involved in the Dublin setup. He wanted the Wexford u20 job didnt he? Or was that someone else?

I couldnā€™t tell you.

Without being too knowledgeable about our players & not really knowing how these young lads have been progressing (two big enough caveats!) I would have thought Luke Murphy of the Harriers would be a threat. Weā€™re not getting much change out of Dublinā€™s defence, albeit weā€™re playing the extra defender. Need Cillian Byrne to come into it more too.

I had heard Luke Murphy has gone back a bit, not as good as what he was.

Yeah he managed Oulart to that Intermediate title in 2023. Stood away then after one year following the defeat to some Intermediate A team from Dublin in Leinster. Think he was a coach with Frank Flannery back when they won Leinster in 2015 as well.

Yeah heā€™s been the standout thus far. Presumably a brother of Peterā€™s who plays for the Oylgate seniors.

Its almost like they hadnā€™t heard of Screeney before.

1-28 to 2-9

Just the one red card @locke

1 Like