Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

Assume typo by TG4

Why did clubber have the earlier games and now Tg4 has these?

https://www.youtube.com/live/l-oE-EoBBOY?si=mbP8fqXWGQhLC8JY

Limerick v Tipp

Actually dunno on that. I assumed Clubber had full rights. Fuck ‘em anyway

1 Like

That Murray is a good player.

Cork are absolutely cat, my god

1 Like

Fairly resounding win for a finish

Clare vs Tipp Minor Munster Final

Clare probably decent favourites on paper

Still 16 and underage next season. Great prospect

Minogue in the corner was decent too.

That Ryan at half-forward is some athlete too, didn’t hit much ball but opened up the defence a few times.

Tipp were very seen as the team to beat coming into it and have given Clare a few clippings coming up through the ranks and Clare needed a few breaks to go their way to get the win in Thurles last week. This Clare team was seen as maybe a couple of levels below last years group but they are well drilled and tigerish.

They fairly devoured cork in the last 20 minutes there once the pace went up. Management deserve huge credit, they have delivered another excellent group full of honest effort and no little skill.

To use a term from the great hurling sage @peddlerscross - Liam Murphy has it!

1 Like

Clare are flying at all grades of hurling last couple of years. Obviously great work going on in clubs and underage.
Who do they play in munster final?

1 Like

Tipp, Monday week. I assume in limerick

Right. It’s different from u20 so. Isn’t there a semi final in that between 2nd and 3rd in group?

Yes.

Think four teams from Munster go into all Ireland series this year along with 4 from Leinster at minor

Clare seem to be slowly getting their best team into the pitch at under 20s. Stritch and Dunford back from injury adds a bit of depth.

Keane to full back makes sense, Leydon has really been targeted before he got injured last week. Keane is young but has the right stuff, will have his hands full with McCormack tomorrow night.

https://x.com/gaaclare/status/1788864359390642426?s=46&t=bi9TPLB4aIa07RQv_xWOxQ

The match is tonight pal

I meant tonight and all :sob:

Live on tg4 - Gunning v McCarthy should be a great match up

McCormack going well so far. Tipp a little wasteful so far though.

Ref doing well on advantage rule.

Clare more efficient here

Whelan doing serious damage