Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final 2009 Thread: KK vs Tipp

So why are the Tippos hated all over Ireland and beyond?

1 Like

It fucking did. Some weirdos around me got up and clapped. I was fucking delighted truth be told.

You’d take it for granted among any other group of supporters but it is surprising to read about Tipp

A decent amount me gave a right cheer to be honest. Quietened down soon after but definitely cheered it. Can’t say I was surprised tho, I’d expect most simpleton county supporters would do the same, natural reaction to be happy when opponents best player goes down. Afterwards then might be the acknowledgment of them being seriously hurt alright.

Were you sitting in front of me? :yum:

Two Chip roasters started high-fiving and jeering in front of me, then roared “Where’s Shefflin gone?” every time Richie Power stood over a free from that point on.

I know every county has them, but these two clowns took the biscuit.

Lovely bit of irrelevant nonsense there. You’re from Kilkenny mate, not Paris.

The lad who spent his days trawling through premierview to find posts to put up on his Twitter and then deleting those and blocking everybody who mentioned it when he was made a fool of calling someone else joyless is quite amusing

Henry Martin would get some horn reading this last 150 posts or so.

1 Like

I think irreverent is the word you were looking for

did you have any idea what you’d set in motion when you dragged this up?

Here is a more considered view about one Kilkenny player’s injury from Tipperary’s collective unconscious:

https://youtu.be/vSH10CVC014

A base sneer, in short, about a player who was not guaranteed, at 31, to make it back. You could even say there was an official imprimatur to this emanation, in that some of the video was filmed in Semple Stadium, which required clearance, and a Tipperary player appeared in it, which bestowed legitimacy on the sneer.

There is nothing like this ‘release’ in any other GAA county’s history. No other county has ever sneered in public at a badly injured opponent. Imagine if a Kilkenny ‘band’ – Noony Noo and the Noogy Men – released a track in 2010 involving the lyrics: ‘F**k your James Woodlock, I’ve an ass outside.’ The outrage would only have been wojous.

Tippos do hypocrisy and sneering better than anyone else. They are the Tina Turners of it, so to speak.

1 Like

I don’t think you know what irreverant means mate

it’s irreverent.

Thanks mate. I still don’t think you know what it means

I am not from Paris…?

Passive aggressive simpliciter.

God, sure 'tis only in France they do be listening to a bit of music and reading a few books and drinking a few nice drinks.

Only the sheer Tippo obtuseness saves you from looking in that Opus Dei mirror.

What do you think it means?

Great tune. Johnny B is some man

I know what it means. The last time you tried this with me you made yourself look a bit silly mate so I wouldn’t do it again

Lovely cut to proceedings here.

As there was on the day of the match itself 9 years ago.

there’s more of that passive aggressive gimp the erudite chap had you pegged for.

Nah I just smiled to myself
To be honest, he was having fuckall impact that day. He came out for the warm up and was taking the frees in front of us at Cusack side. A friend said straight away he wouldn’t make it to HT. Missed a few frees in warm up, a terrible decision to start him