Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final 2009 Thread: KK vs Tipp

[quote=“cluaindiuic”]I know tickets will appear later in the week or at worst outside the stadium on Sunday like in 2007[you couldn’t give them away]. If Cork were playing I’d be more worried. I just had one of the brothers ringing me yesterday saying that he usually has a couple by now and doesn’t.

I’m kind of between clubs at the moment. One of my other brothers is back playing with the club in KK and one of the others is playing in Cork. I have been planning on joining a club up here for a while but various fitness setbacks have hampered me.

It should be grand I just think people who go to all the games during the year should be treated better. They have the barcode readers at games it should be piss easy to do.[/quote]

Playing in Cork?
Where?

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Playing in Cork?
Where?[/quote]
Douglas

Re tickets, there is a whole generation of Tipperary folk who have been to less All Ireland finals supporting their county than Clare people, Offaly people, Galway people and even Limerick people. This is a huge occasion for them.

Tickets will be scarce.

[quote=“HBV*”]Re tickets, there is a whole generation of Tipperary folk who have been to less All Ireland finals supporting their county than Clare people, Offaly people, Galway people and even Limerick people. This is a huge occasion for them.

Tickets will be scarce.[/quote]

The entire population of Tipp women live in Dublin, as they are all kicked out on the road once they reach child rearing age to find a man and spread the seed. Many of them went to Dublin, became nurses, or civil servant office staff. Hence Dublin is plagued with Tipp folk. Tickets will be hard found.

As opposed to the good women of Laois, who stay at home, marry their cousin and breed inwardly.

There’s only two good women in Laois, my mother, and one of my sisters. :thumbsup: :mad:

[quote=“HBV*”]Re tickets, there is a whole generation of Tipperary folk who have been to less All Ireland finals supporting their county than Clare people, Offaly people, Galway people and even Limerick people. This is a huge occasion for them.

Tickets will be scarce.[/quote]

This will be their 3rd final since 97, Offaly, Clare and Galway have contested 2 in that period, Limerick 1.

its also your 3rd since '91.

in that period,

Offaly 4
Clare 3
Galway 3
Limerick 3.

and just for the craic

Kilkenny 11
Cork 6.

enjoy the big day and dont forget your camera.

What to Tipp folk make of the poor trimmings from the U21 5 in a row? 2 All Ireland wins was a poor return in retrospect, or would you remember back that far? This is the next best crop since then, would ye be happy with the 2 again? Nothing to do with being a Leixman here, just curious?

[quote=“HBV*”]its also your 3rd since '91.

in that period,

Offaly 4
Clare 3
Galway 3
Limerick 3.

and just for the craic

Kilkenny 11
Cork 6.

enjoy the big day and dont forget your camera.[/quote]

Or Tipperary’s 6th since 87, how many All Irelands have you actually seen Limerick win?
Don’t be trying to talk the talk when you have fuck all to back it up with you bitter cunt.

They never won 5 in a row mbb.
3 in a row 79,80 & 81
They won the minor in 82, then u21 again in 85 and 89.

By the time they made the Senior break through in 87, some of the 79 U21 team would have been 28-29 years old.

Underage success is no guarantee as Limerick and Galway posters would tell you.

[quote=“Mullach Ide”]They never won 5 in a row mbb.
3 in a row 79,80 & 81
They won the minor in 82, then u21 again in 85 and 89.

By the time they made the Senior break through in 87, some of the 79 U21 team would have been 28-29 years old.

Underage success is no guarantee as Limerick and Galway posters would tell you.[/quote]

Fair enough, my apologies btw, it wasnt 5 in row as you said, it was 5 U21’s from '79 to '85.

No.

We should have got more out of that team.

The forward line of

Leahy Ryan Cleary
Fox Bonner English

was the greatest I’v ever seen. All this talk about the present Kilkenny team being the greatest ever is a load of cock. They wouldn’t hold that forward unit in full flight.

As regards the current crop of players - If we win the 1st one this Sunday, there is nothing to stop Us going on to be the 1st five-in-a-row team.

[quote=“tipptops*”]No.

We should have got more out of that team.

The forward line of

Leahy Ryan Cleary
Fox Bonner English

was the greatest I’v ever seen. All this talk about the present Kilkenny team being the greatest ever is a load of cock. They wouldn’t hold that forward unit in full flight.

As regards the current crop of players - If we win the 1st one this Sunday, there is nothing to stop Us going on to be the 1st five-in-a-row team.[/quote]

What makes Kilkenny so impressive is how driven they are, this comes down to the players and the management. Their determination is extraordinary, that was a decent Tipp team, but they couldnt sustain it in the way that KK have.

They won minor in 1980 as well.

They won 7 out of 8 munsters from 78 to 85.
Those teams had the likes of Nicky English,Pat Fox,Bobby Ryan, Donie O’Connell, Cormac Bonnar, John Kennedy, Aidan Ryan, Colm Bonnar.

The minor teams of 80 & 82 gave Ken Hogan and Joe Hayes.

Is he starting for their intermediates?

Quite possibly. I should know shouldn’t I? :smiley:

[quote=“Mullach Ide”]Or Tipperary’s 6th since 87, how many All Irelands have you actually seen Limerick win?
Don’t be trying to talk the talk when you have fuck all to back it up with you bitter cunt.[/quote]

none but i know my place.
and no need to lose the rag over this, calm yourself.
the fact that you are competing all through your lifetime with the likes of Clare galway Offaly and even poor old limerick is obviously grating you, for some reason.
dont let it, enjoy the day and enjoy the lead up, All ireland day is a great occasion.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]Im in a shit position with the tickets myself,i have two Cusack Stand section 303 side by side for mesef and my brother but we always sit in the Hogan,havent been in the Cusack for Years,if i dont get them moved on for two Hogan by Sunday i dont know what ill do,its a cunt.

Im liking Fogarty and Jackie Tyrells 22/1 odds for MOTM,Ill have a small cut at those two.[/quote]

Yeah…wouldn’t take a free cusack one to be honest with you.

I get that nervous that I don’t enjoy reading this thread. Win, lose or draw I’ll talk about it no problem after the game