Official Fingal Dining Out Thread

Shocked that he had the balls to email after what he did.

1 Like

Vile

1 Like

I would normally be one to vote with my feet but I was so annoyed that I may well send a mail

1 Like

What did they do to you that the service was that bad?

Ordered a g&t at the start of tge meal which never arrived. Waiter didnā€™t know the specials and when he arrived back he gave us a half arsed descriptions of them. Messed up the order by bringing a wrong starter. Had to ask for the cheque three times.

He realised he never brought the g&t and left it on the bill hence the delay in bringing the bill and then it miraculously arrived at the table 30 seconds after the bill was produced and I pulled him up on it. Tried to blame the bar staff for it rather than just acknowledging his mistake.

Thatā€™s it ?

Jesus, get over yourself

Iā€™d say the waiter saw the big Clare roaster head on him and purposely ignored him in the hope heā€™d go away and not be lowering the tone of the place.

1 Like

Stellar review for McHughs in Portmarnock in the business post yesterday.

2 Likes

It was indeed. If dispute its location as being ā€œon the strandā€ but it was a decent review otherwise. I ate there the other week - decent fare and very attentive staff.

Where is it located Rocko ?

Across from St marnocks school. About a mile from the strand in either direction

1 Like

Dined in the White House in Baldoyle tonight. More Ravenous Part Deux than Fine Dining but a satisfying meal nevertheless. Iā€™d go back.

2 Likes

Can east Fingallians recommend the best seafood platter in Howth? Deep was decent enough the last time I got one there but must be 3-4 years ago.

Aqua is the best in my opinion, but itā€™s pricey. The King Sitric is living off its reputation. Deep is ok but has always struggled to get punters.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t look like Aqua do seafood platter. King Sitric was poor when I ate out of cafe part before. Is Octopussy any use?

Oarhouse has a great reputation but itā€™s about 5 years since I was there. I was in crabby Joeā€™s about a year ago and the seafood platter was excellent.

1 Like

Octopussy is tapas. Tiny restaurant only about 15 covers. I like it a lot but you wouldnā€™t know what was on the menu until you got there. Oarhouse was good but I think itā€™s gone off a bit. Brass Monkey very popular. I donā€™t like Crabby Joes bit expensive for what it is. Beshoffs used to be nice but I havenā€™t eaten there in years.

1 Like

Dined in Diep in the Findlater tonight. Absolutely brutal.

Really? Whyso? MrsJ was meant to go on Saturday and blanked it.

Food was as bland as could be. My companion offered the view that it was like eating cardboard. It was difficult to disagree.