Official Fingal Dining Out Thread

no need to get stroppy about it,

No mention of any fine establishments in Blanch yet. As Fingals largest urban centre I presume there is a myriad of fine eateries. Any residents care to comment?

I’ve never been in Howth or Malahide that I recall. I hope to right that wrong in the near future. I presume they still accept the queens shilling with glee in that side of the pale?

:rolleyes:

no there wasn’t, apology accepted…

will you ever get a pair of glasses

Very true. The only purpose Gort serves is a toilet and an ATM for people travelling from Dublin to Lahinch.

:blink: You can change Australian Dollars straight into Euros mate, no need to be changing into sterling first.

I can confirm however, that Malahide is a very popular tourist destination for our northern bretheren and will be even more so when we have our international cricket grounds.

Be sure to contribute a review if you ever have the pleasure of dining in the locality…

[quote=“Mac, post: 539416”]
Very true. The only purpose Gort serves is a toilet and an ATM for people travelling from Dublin to Lahinch.[/quote]

how did that go in the end mate- think there was a thread before you went but can recall details of how it went

Lads is there anywhere in Fingal I can get a hang sangich and a mug of tae when I do be up for the matches.

This Mullach Ide lad from Tipp is as bad as the yella beliies pretending to be townies

1 Like

It was a great weekend mate. Just a pity it was ruined by all the inbred locals who lined the streets singing and dancing to cotton eye joe.

You had a lucky escape, apparently that’s a mating ritual…

I would recommend St Itas coffee shop in Portrane, there you will meet many likeminded individuals with whom you can converse while drinking your tae…

More like the out of towners roaring out dancing at the crossroads ruined the weekend for everyone.

what are tourists to normal people are classed as “out of towners” to muldoons in the wesht

You racist prick…

your a hang dressed as prawn

It’s not mainstream alright TASE but I’d be giving it a high recommendation. Small little place but the food is superb.

As noted by TASE in another thread - there is a €37 tasting menu in bon appetit this weekend. Chaaaaaaaaaaarggggge…

Thread still awaiting the 1st review…

Ps: TASE, with reference to the Greedy Goose, my better half reliably informed me that the last time I dined in there it was " The Orangerie" !!

In an attempt to revive this thread, I took a spin out to Howth yesterday. I don’t think I was ever there before but I was very impressed with the place.

We ate in a restuarant called The Brass Monkey. It is one of these restaurants which has a feel of organised chaos, which I like. I had sweet potato soup with ginger and coriander for starter and a slow roasted pork belly as the main course. My companion had some crab meat starter and chips with fish for the main course. Both of us were very impressed with out respective meals which were reasonably priced. The only drawback of the experience was the service, which was extrememly slow at times.

We get it Farmer. You’ve finally got a girlfriend.
No need to mention it in every post.
Glad you had a nice meal.