Official Fingal Dining Out Thread

It’s been a wonderful few fays for you fagan. How did the lady enjoy it?

Pleased. She had the pancakes.

And the gallon or two of water you forced on her…

I recommend cafe lemonade upstairs in the kinsealy garden centre. It is similar fare to avoca without the in your face malahide / Protestant ethos. Avoca is for soup takers. There is another cafe lemonade in drogheda but that falls outside the boundaries of this thread

Do you not descend from a famously soup ridden area of cork?

arent you a castle Catholic?

No I am not a castle catholic. I wish Rory McElroy was dead.
yes west cork has been plagued by the blight of soup taking. I have witnessed what this can do to a community and that is why I advise against avoca.
I have no problem with passive Protestantism at breakfast time but avoca features lads wearing deck shoes and hanging jumpers around their necks and people with sunglasses on when its not sunny- you know the sort of in your face Protestant / southside carry on that is unpleasant when dining out.
Cafe lemonade also features some delicious home baked cakes which I recommend.

What did you have for breakfast Fagan?

Two rashers, two sausages, grilled tomato. Toasted brown bread and white bread. Filter coffee. Orange juice.

Octopussy tapas bar Howth tonight. I had prawns and avocado, scallops with chorizo and chorizo bravas. My companion had a seafood antipasti plate and 6 oysters. It was top class.

either the oysters didnt work or youdid a thrawneen and rode her and dumped her in a taxi

Does your companion have a similar music taste Fagan?

Tapas shouldn’t be eaten as a meal in the traditional format. It should consist of a number of different dishes shared amongst the diners.

Companion would be more of a metal fan than I would.

Correct. That’s how we did it.

Then why did you separate them out when listing the dishes? Should you not just have said “we had” and listed all the dishes if you did indeed share them.

great spot and great food Fagan but quite expensive…chorizo bravas or patata bravas?..

Chorizo bravas scumpot

The man went to a tapas restaurant and ordered a starter and main course, and didn’t share with his companion. Getting the name of one of the dishes wrong is the least of his worries.

more importantly…did you get to tap ass after the tapas?..:wink: