Official TFK Garth Brooks Meet Up July 2014

That’s a slap in the face…

@Sidney Farmer has already stated he will not be in attendance, please ammend your list.

Are the lads on here who are going getting dressed up in cowboy boots, cowboy hat and a checked shirt?

Don’t want to look like a mug at this.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 899638, member: 2272”]Are the lads on here who are going getting dressed up in cowboy boots, cowboy hat and a checked shirt?

Don’t want to look like a mug at this.[/quote]

Boots? Don’t be ridiculous. Jeans, check shirt and hat yes. Also a large belt buckle.

Friday, pitch standing. Not a huge fan. Being dragged along but I’m not totally opposed to going.

You stupid little cunt.

Residents living around Croke Park are “seriously thinking” about seeking an injunction to stop the five Garth Brooks concerts this summer.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/garth-brooks-gigs-may-be-blocked-by-angry-residents-257988.html

It would be some craic if they were cancelled :smiley:

huh?

Be even more fun if they lost and got walloped for costs and still had to put up with the noise

@Mark Renton be outed as a music snob on here?

Why would you give a fuck what music other people enjoy? Get your head out of your arse.

Hotel rooms up around the €400 mark for the dates involved-the fleecing has begun.

I’ll be offering 3 chocolate bars from a pram for €2 so they’ll save a few pound that way. Seriously considering getting a job lot of cowboy hats too. I’m not kidding. Over 5/6 nights it’d go a nice way to paying for a holiday or something.

Garth and the GAA reinvigorating the Irish economy and getting people spending, another good news story.

It’s not a bad idea at all, pal. People’s dander will be up in they will be in free spending mode plus I’m guessing there’s going to be a lot of really, really thick people going to this.

Only that price as people are stupid enough to pay it. Anyone got a spare bus lying around and we could do a Park and Ride service from the ‘Airport Hotel’ in Meath?

Sickened that I won’t be able to attend :frowning:

The commemorative DVD of his live show will be a fine Christmas present though

Reeling in the Years

http://www.rte.ie/archives/2014/0128/500763-garth-brooks-live-and-unplugged-in-bray-co-wickow-1997/

[quote=“croppy_boy, post: 899673, member: 306”]@Mark Renton be outed as a music snob on here?

Why would you give a fuck what music other people enjoy? Get your head out of your arse.[/quote]

It’s not the music, per se, but the hype and stupidity surrounding the whole thing… Matt Cooper called it right yesterday in saying that this captures perfectly why the Irish are the laughing stock of Europe.

Sure it’s the biggest gig in Ireland and it’s sold out five night.

Would you expect there to be no talk about it at all?

I accept there were lots of idiots out queuing for day - idiots I got them online for the Saturday gig at 9am on the morning they went on sale.

Were Today FM news reports reporting on it or is Matt being a bit of a hypocrite?

It is grand for people to queue up if they want to but why do the news and media outlets not just ignore it on the basis it is not news.