Official TFK Garth Brooks Meet Up July 2014

Complete shit from yourself and matt. He’s one of the biggest selling artists of all time coming back after nearly a 20 year break. It’s hardly that ridiculous.

Go way you straw hat wearing, shit eating, hick. In no other country would there have been such ridiculous hype… A one off gig and you could understand it from hardcore fans, but 5 cunting gigs and the whole country going mad, he aint that big and certainly among those u25 yet they queued and queued. He picked this country for a reason, mate- A fool and his money are easily parted. The O’Irish duely obliged… I suppose you’ll be starting line dancing again too? It’s just typical of this country- bit of hype and everyone wants to be seen at it- gobdaws.

The Rubberbandits…

:clap:

Garth Brooks selling out 5 nights in Croke park is a government conspiracy designed to give people who are thinking of emigrating a final reason to do it.

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 899746, member: 1796”]The Rubberbandits…

Garth Brooks selling out 5 nights in Croke park is a government conspiracy designed to give people who are thinking of emigrating a final reason to do it.[/quote]
In fairness most of the people attending are from the jobs wastelands of the midlands and are most likely to be the ones emigrating

Garth has everyone seething while he’s laughing all the way to the bank :clap::clap:

Garth €25million:Renton €0

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 899752, member: 332”]Garth has everyone seething while he’s laughing all the way to the bank :clap::clap:

Garth €25million:Renton €0[/quote]

Its not Garth that has him seething, its dumb ass Irish cunts who are going to look retarded whilst singing retarded songs.

Irish people -€25m ; Renton €0

Someone called Denise Calnan in todays Indo.

"I would love to use an excuse and say that I sat poised online before the first batch of tickets went on sale because my boyfriend is a country music fan. Tickets to see Garth Brooks, one of the world’s best selling artists of all time, in Croke Park seemed like a good choice of birthday present. But the truth is if I didn’t want to go and see him in concert I wouldn’t.

I was eight years old when the Oklahoma man last came to Ireland in 1997 and I won’t feign any rose-coloured memories of waving off family members to the big smoke for the day. If you’d asked me who Garth Brooks was when I was eight years old I would have replied, “Garr-ett who?”

But his biggest hits are songs that I would associate with my childhood; playing on the radio or at family parties. I knew I was one of the ‘lucky ones’ last week who managed to buy a ticket for one of the two nights. And I wasn’t the only person of my generation who had tried to do so. Texting friends post-ticket-buying stress-fest, I was met with messages reading, “so jealous!” and “I got them too!”

In fact I almost felt guilty for having one instead of the thousands of people who were fanatic enough to camp out in queues for nights on end, possibly a few of them with fond memories of Brooks being played for their first dance. But little did anyone know that there would be another three consecutive concerts added to his stint in July due to demand.

Garth’s diary is filling up fast. He has become the first every artist to sell out five nights in a row at Croke Park. Surely that says something. His first album was released the year I was born but that didn’t stop me wanting to watch him wanting to watch him rock his boots in front of Hill 16 this summer.

If now, 17 years later, people are still talking about ‘the time Garth came to Croker’ surely it will be a tale to tell in time of how I made it to (the Saturday night of) his five-night stint in 2014. Myself and 399,999 others, of course.

Is there a Garth Brooks bandwagon being hopped on somewhere? Of course there is. I’ll hold my Stetson up and admit it."

[quote=“Julio Geordio, post: 899752, member: 332”]Garth has everyone seething while he’s laughing all the way to the bank :clap::clap:

Garth €25million:Renton €0[/quote]

I’m absolutely delighted Garth is mugging these cunts off and laughing all the way to the bank.

€4m in the bank for the GAA to reinvest in stadia and clubs and counties up and down the country too. :clap:

Will the pitch have to be replaced after this like the U2 concert in (?) 2009?

Apparently not, they’ll be temporarily covering the pitch with a timber floor to facilitate line dancing I believe. Yeeeeeehaaaaawwwww

[quote=“Mark Renton, post: 899746, member: 1796”]The Rubberbandits…

Garth Brooks selling out 5 nights in Croke park is a government conspiracy designed to give people who are thinking of emigrating a final reason to do it.[/quote]

Poor quip. Not punchy enough.

Wait for the slew of “[County] need directions to Croke Park” nonsense gags in July

Mainly on here probably

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 899765, member: 2272”]Wait for the slew of “[County] need directions to Croke Park” nonsense gags in July

Mainly on here probably[/quote]

Turenne

:smiley: You’re making some fuckwit of yourself here. He is one if the biggest selling artists in Ireland of all time and is the second biggest selling solo artist worldwide OF ALL TIME. second only to elvis. He was massively popular 20 years ago among people in their 30s 40s and 50s now who are all keen for a night out and to enjoy themselves. It’s hardly rocket science you cliched wannabe hipster.
Giving out about bandwagons like this has now become the biggest bandwagon of all. If every preachy, right-on, west Brit, self-hating, nasal voiced, rugby loving, wine drinking, scarf wearing, barry egan reading, uber cool prick in the country is against this then I’m all for it.
I’ve absolutely no interest in going to his gigs by the way.

[quote=“Tabby, post: 899771, member: 2142”]:smiley: You’re making some fuckwit of yourself here. He is one if the biggest selling artists in Ireland of all time and is the second biggest selling solo artist worldwide OF ALL TIME. second only to elvis. He was massively popular 20 years ago among people in their 30s 40s and 50s now who are all keen for a night out and to enjoy themselves. It’s hardly rocket science you cliched wannabe hipster.
Giving out about bandwagons like this has now become the biggest bandwagon of all. If every preachy, right-on, west Brit, self-hating, nasal voiced, rugby loving, wine drinking, scarf wearing, barry egan reading, uber cool prick in the country is against this then I’m all for it.
I’ve absolutely no interest in going to his gigs by the way.[/quote]

Of all time? What the fuck does that even mean? Can you quantify that please usuing market size since the start of record sales to market size now- pocket money available to teenagers from year 0 to today- Expense of marketing etc etc…

One Direction, or Susan Boyle are the biggest something or other also, would that justify every cunt and their mother camping out for four days and getting into scraps with guards because tickets were sold out and then telling the world through social media about their fortune/misfortune even tho none of the cunts know anything about One direction or know more than two of their songs? I’ve seen the calibre of cunt going to these gigs and the majority are just getting swept away with the hype.

Hipster my hole, I hate Vincent McMurrow and Alt-J… That’s @Bandage you are thinking of.

[quote=“Tabby, post: 899771, member: 2142”]:smiley: You’re making some fuckwit of yourself here. He is one if the biggest selling artists in Ireland of all time and is the second biggest selling solo artist worldwide OF ALL TIME. second only to elvis. He was massively popular 20 years ago among people in their 30s 40s and 50s now who are all keen for a night out and to enjoy themselves. It’s hardly rocket science you cliched wannabe hipster.
I’ve absolutely no interest in going to his gigs by the way.[/quote]

Yeah Tabby, look at all those people in their 30s,40s and 50’s queuing for tickets…

http://www.irishexaminer.com/media/images/e/exam070214GarthBrooksFansMerchantsQuay_large.jpg

Mark Renton has been absolutely destroyed

“calibre of cunt” :clap:

Outstanding.

Look each to their own. No-one has an issue with anyone going to a gig. It’s just the sheer amount of coverage these concerts are getting which grates with people. For the last week it has been wall to wall on tv, radio and newspapers - even the start of the Anglo 3 trial has been pushed to the side to facilitate the Brooks mania.

People being interviewed outside Ticketmaster or whatever - “look, I just bought tickets to a concert for a fella who was in his prime before I was born and who has barely been mentioned over the last decade. I know one or two of his songs but everyone else is going so I couldn’t miss out. Just off to update my Facebook status to gloat to the world about it now.”

Pure event junkies. We’re total sheep in this country, go with the consensus and we’ll be grand. Worked out great in the Celtic Tiger era didn’t it.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 899779, member: 1552”]“calibre of cunt” :clap:

Outstanding.

Look each to their own. No-one has an issue with anyone going to a gig. It’s just the sheer amount of coverage these concerts are getting which grates with people. For the last week it has been wall to wall on tv, radio and newspapers - even the start of the Anglo 3 trial has been pushed to the side to facilitate the Brooks mania.

People being interviewed outside Ticketmaster or whatever - “look, I just bought tickets to a concert for a fella who was in his prime before I was born and who has barely been mentioned over the last decade. I know one or two of his songs but everyone else is going so I couldn’t miss out. Just off to update my Facebook status to gloat to the world about it now.”

Pure event junkies. We’re total sheep in this country, go with the consensus and we’ll be grand. Worked out great in the Celtic Tiger era didn’t it.[/quote]

+1 pal.

Of course the Runt is onside here, as he married a Tipp woman and has no say in the matter. He will be above in Dublin with a straw hat and cowboy boots for at least 3 of the 5 nights. He will probably be at the gig for the other two nights then I imagine.