Official TFK UFC Thread

I saw a video of him falling around pissed but didn’t see any dust…

Ya but Boxing still far higher participation.

Nothibg to do with snobbery in rugby. And alot of it is not snobbery, its toerags being insecure about other peoples success or standing.

My point is there are lads on here, and elsewhere, wetting themeles over CMCG but slagging rugby for celebrating beating the greatest team ever. UFC is as flaky as it gets in terms of organisation and “fixtures”

No one has ever given him a thing. He has had no advantages, no major inheritance, nothing. Every penny he has made he has made himself through courage, bravado and intelligence.
I hope he gets everything he wants. He deserves every penny he has earned, and he deserves admiration and respect for having done so. Good luck to him.

8 Likes

I think i realised recently i needed to make a clearer distincyion between Conor McGregor and Conor McGregor fans. Its the fams that really grate me, bot so much him. I think he could do some things differently, but his application to his craft and his bounce back from defeat are what has made him.

1 Like

Would you ask Peter O’Mahony what he’s worth…look I agree with most of what you’re saying…but this whole debate started with your question of McGregors earnings…

That’s not what was being said.

Agreed

You’ve obviously never been at a rugby game. the bandwagon social climbing “fans” are the most detestable cunts you could ever meet and know nothing about the game. The same class of cunt that would be celebrating Arthur Guinness day until the arse fell out of the country.

1 Like

Debate around his earnings because mcgregor talks about money he makes and the discussion here was only that it seems grossly inflated

He’s like a 1930s Hollywood film star contracted to a single studio under the studio system. He is not a free agent in the same way as boxers, footballers etc and so his earning power must be diminished versus the public profile and utterances.

1 Like

I see Jamie Heaslip on twitter saying he was the greatest irish sportsman today…and shit loads of rugby players creaming themselves over mcgregor. I don’t see any snobbery whatsoever towards him…maybe a rural urban divide if anything

1 Like

I’ve been to maybe 300+

Kind of how I feel as well…zero interest in the sport and zero interest in the cartoon personality he has made of himself but that’s his shout and it’s working.

Am inretested in the mcgregor story though and how he is progressing it’s a case study in marketing…bottom line though he is a supreme athlete

But he is always publically talking about money that’s the main difference surely

1 Like

I point out the continual talk of being loaded. I don’t believe he is.

He shows it by calling out the new owners etc. He wants to be set uo for life, he only said it last night. So he clearly doesn’t even believe the hype himself. He flip flops in some regards. Brilliantly honest sometimes and real dub/irish, but talks some serious rubbish and lies too.

Peter O’Mahoney doesn’t talk about being loaded.

Ya he is a phenom athlete. Outrageous in fact.

It’s not the rugby players themselves…it’s the people that follow them I was referring to

He does talk about money…fair enough but that is part and parcel of the fight business.

You’re missing the point pal.

By making out he’s making all this money, that gives him an advantage of his opponent.

1 Like

No its not.

Very few guys go on like that. He is disliked by many in combat sports for that very reason.

Thats utter nonsense.

I think he has a huge following amongst the same bandwagon element that follows rugby.

And players are relevant because if jamie says it’s OK to like him the sheep will follow