Old Matchday Programmes

How about this, name the match (no googling obviously)

Munster Minor Final?

It’s only a 4 page programme :grinning:

2006 minors?

1st round 6 April at the Gaelic Grounds. I can’t remember how the match went to be honest, I used to live handy enough to the Gaelic Grounds and went to every catfight going over there back then.

1 Like

ouch

@Tim_Riggins I mentioned I had a good one for you…

1 Like

What a beaut! Did you get it autographed by him later on?

I did indeed about five years ago.

I also have a photo of him and me and mate of mine in the team hotel after the game which be also signed. He is in a tux and clearly more sober than us. He was absolutely buzzing unsurprisingly considering he had just made his career.

Coincidentally the hotel they were in was Trinian Palace in versatile where the Irish football side stayed few weeks back

I imagine that was some piss up alright, you never expected Ireland to win back then.

I was only 21 at the time. First win in Paris since 72. Was there completely opportunistically as I was working in Brussels at the time and we hatched the plan to go late the night before. Jumped on a train next morning and just bought random tickets outside the ground. I watched the game in the middle of load of French fans. We met after the game and bought a bottle of vodka at the first supermarket we could find … good times!

3 Likes

Wasn’t that a friendly, pal?

1 Like

No pal that was a 6N test match. Premier NH international tournament

Edited for accuracy

1 Like

The irony oh the irony

Physician heal thyself

It was the first year of the Italians joining the comp so 6N. It was also the year that “ROG”, “Strings” & “Shaggy” made their Test debuts for Ireland vs. Scotland. Historians will look back at that campaign as the one which was the genesis of this country becoming a Rugby one.

1 Like

Not an attempt at wit. A statement of fact.

You were a mad bastard

3 Likes

What a fucking Kerry team that was.

When did Dublin pull out of the Leinster U21FC? And for how long? It was a strange decision in retrospect.