On this day

Jimmys John Treacy commentary was better.

Maradona was probably off his face on drugs, or at least was using drugs to give him that lower body strength that made him impossible to shake off the ball, as evidenced by that goal.

Great commentary by Magee. However earlier in that match he failed to spot Maradona’s Hand of God.

On this day 71 years ago Bugs Bunny was created.

So did the referee

Barry Davies failed to spot it

On this day next year, the Olympics will commence.

MTV began broadcasting on this day back in 1981. Famously its first music video was The Buggles Video Killed The Radio Star.

One of the greatest Test matches of all time ended on 7th August 2005, as England defeated Australia by two runs at Edgbaston. The immediate aftermath of the final wicket produced one of the most enduring images of sportsmanship in cricket.

The 1984 Olympics, where he listed all the Irish medal winners? My brothers assure me that he didn’t actually time the commentary very well and completed the list around 10 seconds after Treacy had crossed the line. It has apparently subsequently been edited to make it look like he finished it as Treacy was finishing.

Still doesnt take away from the greatness of it. Wonderful emotion and recall, even for the self confessed memory man. A great moment.

Good man jimmy

Where does time go? An epic. :clap:

Metallica’s The Black Album is 20 years old today :clap: :pint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ooEBJySwac

Ten years ago today :clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePNST9aczFI

where does the time go

Ah what a day. Paid 2 quid into the match. The place just fucking erupted.

Watched that game in Slane at the second U2 concert. What a day it was.

What a game, was in the middle of a rant(very out if character for me) about how much of a cunt Gary Kelly was when trigger stepped up.

Watched that game at home in Wexford in my folks’ house with my Dad. Fuck Bono and U2 and Slane. :guns:

+1. Had to wait for that cunt Nelly Furtado to stop screaming her utter shite before they’d show the second half. Ah the craic when that goal went in :pint: :guns:

A select group of people managed to make it to both. :slight_smile: