On this day

Was Vidal wrong? The US was and still is a quasi-police state. Some strange people like that sort of thing, I can’t for the life of me imagine why anybody would want to live in a police state.

Was Vidal wrong that anybody who defends such police brutality is a crypto-Nazi? Wanton police brutality is a hallmark of fascist regimes. An awful lot of right-wing types tend to have some bizarre fetish or at least a sneaking regard for that kind of thing. I presume they’d defend what happened in Derry six weeks later because it was the exact same thing.

Again, why are you projecting this weird football team view you have where you put people neatly into boxes where you imagine they must support “their side”, whatever that is? It’s so infantile.

Why on earth would you think I’d be a massive LBJ fan?

So that settles it, you’ve clearly never actually watched the debate as Buckley doesn’t defend police brutality.

This is exactly what you are doing here and what I said of you.

The football team analogy is also something I’ve often compared your behaviour to.

Good to see you still can’t think outside the box when you’re struggling.

Jason McAteer scored THAT goal against the Dutchies on this day too

I think it was the south terrace at the old Lansdowne Road that looked fantastic decked out in orange that day.

The most important fact of all. On this day in 2000, the Nokia 3310 was released.

1 Like

Snake>Snake 2, therefore the Nokia 3210 was superior.

The 5110 was better than them both Tim. 1 charge would last you a week too.

1 Like

I watched and I watched the documentary on it three years ago.

You’re sort of right about Buckley not defending police brutality. He doesn’t even admit it. While vilifying the act of peaceful protest as “provocative”.

That’s worse. And yet more proof that the mantra of “personal responsibility” that a certain breed of right-wing blowhard preaches is so much empty, hypocritical nonsense.

Denial of reality is the reactionary right’s real mantra and always has been.

What is that line you like to say in an effort to make yourself look clever?

“I know you are but what am I?”

Try and read what you’re typing in future, thanks, and try not to be the exact representation of what you mistakenly claim to be against.

Projection is so sad and so boring to read.

Ah there we go, great that you admitted it. You watched the shit documentary which just wanted to show the two trading insults.

As usual with you, utterly baseline.

1 Like

That’s a real first time business phone for lads in Dublin.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Johnny Cash died this day 15 years ago. Fuck me. That doesn’t seem that long ago.

DnVfRW2XoAEvcOm

7 years (and 6 all Irelands) ago today. Cc @myboyblue and @maroonandwhite. Morning lads!

4 Likes

I was there mate, an iconic day. To see when Gaelic Football officially died was a hell of a thing.

Morning mate, tell you missus I’ll be in around the usual Time and to be wearing that cute red number.

3 Likes

Donaghy not far off that!

Sliding Doors moment alright. If Donaghy got a hand to it @myboyblue wouldn’t have spent this morning seething and making unpleasant remarks about my poor wife. Bless him, bless her and bless Stephen Cluxton’s left foot,

Sorry mate, I wouldn’t ever insult your wife. She’s a dote.

I was there. Sitting beside two lads in dublin jerseys, mid way through the second half one goes to the other. Wow 7 is a really good player. Whats his name? Other checks program, kevin Nolan. Ah I see.

Touch and go before Dublin Joe MacQuillan gave the winning free for absolutely nothing. And all the harmless gobshites in rte thought ah isnt it great for all the childer in crumlin and ballymun to see them win one,lets paper that over. Kerry still talk about it.

Ah lovely. You never disappoint.