Opinion: Tj Reid

Where have I said it wasnt any of that?

All i said was timmy and niall weren’t great and you got all philosophical

They weren’t great.

Ben OConner was great

They were great at the role they played on that team.
As was Ben btw.

I didn’t say they weren’t.

But they aren’t great like ben oconner was great

Every team has players who’ll work like Niall and Timmy. And they are vital.

Not every team has a player like Ben

1 Like

I agree. Ben was a great hurler. But the role those 2 played allowed Ben to excel in his role aswell.

1 Like

I’m facing into this right now.

Agreed but they werent great which was my initial point that you got hot about.

If you said were’nt great hurlers, I agree.

I hardly meant 800m runners

Watch these.

1 Like

I think you really underestimate the part played by those players to the whole.

Answer me this. Would you have selected those two over Neil Ronan and say Fraggy?

1 Like

I dont know where you get this idea.

I prefer watching skilful players. Doesn’t mean I dont see the value of a dog of a player.

The dogs will keep you competitive and put down a platform for the skilful lads to win you the game.

Kilkenny were blessed in that they had a team full of people with both attributes

Do you agree that the balance of Cork forwards at moment is wrong. We have too many of the ‘skillfull’ player and not enough of the ‘dog’.

I dont think ye have lads that are good enough at either.

1 Like

We have plenty of quality forwards imho. If we had a present day timmy mac, niall mac and brian corcoran (2005 version) to complement these, we would be right there.

Ye? I thought you were one of us? You have plenty of corkness about you.

These days for your 6 forwards you need 2 fellas that can win dirty ball and put in big hits I.e. the grafter. 3 skillfull forwards that can account for 60-70% of scores and a hybrid of the 2 or a link player.

2 Likes

Nail on head.

Paul Flynn had trials with Aston Villa, I think it was. An Aston Villa expert like @Tank can probably confirm.

1 Like

Oooh you bastard

1 Like

Dalton and Harnedy graft