Opinion: Tj Reid

TJ is a good man.

3 Likes

Harnedy cant anymore. He is playing injured. Dalton does and when he went off against Tipp, we could not win any ball as we had no grafters. We did not replace like with like.

He was in digs with Dwight Yorke.

1 Like

That’s my point ye have them but they aren’t as good as what’s in other counties for the working and dirty ball winning. Aidan walsh again comes in or Timmy Mahoney. They’ll all graft but the knack of lifting a ball from a ruck etc isn’t there.

Luke Meade is actually a lovely hurler who has a knack of coming away with a ball and you’ve no idea how.

And he always comes in with a spotless kit. The kitman doesn’t even wash it I’d say

Id be playing Tim O Mahony in forwards.

1 Like

He certainly isn’t a centre back.

A kind of a hegarty/hayes role

1 Like

You really couldn’t be listening to that cunt Woodward.

In fairness, they brought joy to many homes round the country by being beat.
You can outrage all you want, but this, as Rafa might say, is fact.

The 06-09’ team beat 3 in a row chasing Cork and an emerging Tipp team. They lost in the semi-finals in 05’. They were fearsome team, hammering everyone in sight. There wasn’t the same fear factor around the 11’ and 12’ team. They didn’t dish out as many hidings.

They were blessed to beat tipp in 09 and beat Waterford/limerick in the other finals.

Can’t build a house without planning permission ,loan approval. You’ll learn all this in time when you get some sort of a job .

1 Like

In hindsight the opponents weren’t of the same quality as 2011 and 2012 but Jesus they were a frightening team in their pomp. They absolutely destroyed Wexford and Waterford in the Leinster and All-Ireland finals in 2008.

It’s An interesting debate for me anyway. I heard somebody say Kilkenny were already in decline in 2012. I don’t really agree.

There seemed very little hope of anyone else winning the All-Ireland until Tipp produced that impressive display 2009 AI final. Kilkenny were possibly even slight underdogs going in against Tipp in 2011. Dublin hammered KK in the 2011 League final and Galway beat them out the gate in the 2012 Leinster final. The fear factor wasn’t as strong but they were still a class team.

That template certainly works for Tipperary. Oh wait.

1 Like

Motm in an AI too. He was a fine hurler.

Gas that lads are trying to undervalue Timmy & Niall but when lads tried putting their Hurling Fantasy teams together very few picked neither in their 15.

Don’t be a sad cunt patting yourself on the back, that is “ sad “ internetting.

3 All Ireland’s in 10 years wasnt bad

3 Likes

Niall Mac was a serious player. Timmy was limited to be fair, but Cork would kill for him now. Some grafter.

1 Like

Timmy Mac would have zero impact today. His game was totally reliant in exposing unfit fat lads who played back them with his superior pace. He was anything but a “dog”. For a big man he hadnt a physical bone in his body. Didnt want to know when it came to contesting puckouts and the like. Had Shane O’Donnell like point scoring ability, could totally miss hit ball just as much as score. Effective for his time but God he was limited outside of his pace.