Orange stick Championships - Antwerp 2013 and London 2018

Itā€™s made watching this much more intriguing.

How sleep deprived are you?

I got 7 hours last night and Iā€™m feeling fine.

God bless ā€œ sucking boob ā€œ.

1 Like

This is the truth

Great achievement to make the final considering the base Irish hockey is coming from. A credit to us all :clap:

3 Likes

Does one have to be a protestant to play this sport?

Hockey is the most popular sport in a few of Limericks biggest secondary schools,

Thatā€™s a stupid and very ignorant question if you donā€™t mind me saying (Iā€™m sure you do) but typical of a joyless sort like yourself

Thatā€™s just a partionist Eire soccer mindset.

1 Like

We donā€™t tend to bother with that nordy carry on down south where your religion determines what sport you play or language you learn at schoolā€¦

Hockey is huge in Limerick

And in many catholic schools in Cork too

I know, it was an idiotic question, unbelievable ignorance

2 Likes

Steady on now mate

Iā€™d say itā€™s the most popular sport for girls in Limerick schools, Laurel Hill, Crescent, castletroy an villiers all take it very seriously,
You canā€™t get a spot for your kids in the hockey tots programmes running in a few places

I fairness, the lady holding that sign doesnā€™t look to have played much of anything bar ā€œhide the family bucketā€

3 Likes

My mother - from West Limerick* - played hockey for yearsā€¦

*Admittedly she went to a posh (Catholic) boarding school in Dublin

The all Irish language A school in laurel hill limerick were/are big into the hockey. The Celtic oo ah up the ra crowd wouldnā€™t be able to get their heads around that at allā€¦

1 Like