Oscars

Happy for Carrie Crowley. Iā€™m led to believe her Dad was a relatively liked cop/man in Waterford back in the day? @Fagan_ODowd

Banshees of Inisheeran looks great. Itā€™s not really a good story thatā€™s even well told though is it?

Con was a lovely man. Traffic policeman in his day. He used to stand in the middle of the road at Winstons there directing the traffic. Like one of those Italian policemen youā€™d see in the films. A Corkman, he won a couple of county football championships with Mount Sion. Carrie is a lovely girl too, an Ursuline girl.

4 Likes

It was outstanding, had everything

Donā€™t really see it with Keoghan. Find him to be a useless actor in general. But each to their own.

an cailĆ­n ciĆŗin is outstanding. Hope it wins the Oscar. Be great for our teanga.

3 Likes

I just found out I know the girl in an cailin ciuinā€™s Dad. Sheā€™s never acted before.

2 Likes

Hasnā€™t been much noise from the Trans community but congratulations to they/her/him/yerone/yerman/the object.

A good story creatively told is surely the best M.O. for a fillum?

Im pretty sure he was taking the piss pal.

Oh, coz I wasnā€™t

1 Like

does @bang have this up

Stealing independent Irish movies is fairly low pal.

4 Likes

its only stealing if you download it

2 Likes

Iā€™m 30 mins into this Banshees of Inisherin. When does it get good?

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to hear. My Dad told me about him being a good egg.

I think he fancied Carrie a bit, too. Lots of folks did though too back in the day.

I turned it off about 10 minutes from where you are now, give or take

1 Like

They hit up most of the gaelscoils in SoCoDu when they were casting. Madame had a screentest then decided she didnt want to do it.

1 Like

Itā€™s sharing

1 Like

Did you stay with it? Only for I paid for the cinema ticket I wouldnā€™t have lasted. Was relieved when it was over

My own young lad in GS here got a part in Finky a few years ago. Another class movie in Irish

The film industry must be fucked