Other World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Assume while one team has home advantage the one off game is treated the same as a knockout game at the Euros itself. Draw after 90 minutes then extra time and penalties. No away goals etc

That is my working assumption.

Don’t have to win any of the games. Park the bus, get by on penalties.

Fuck off Richie you gobshite.

3 Likes

So we just need two battling draws and a bit of luck in shootouts so.

2 Likes

Denmark and Switzerland are far better teams than anyone we can face in this

Agreed but away wins are hard to come by. We are more than capable of qualifying and there may be more pressure on the home sides to take the game to us but there is no denying that being at home is a big advantage for these games.

We need to win the first one outright, that’s a short turnaround for the second game for us to have to go through extra time.

Us vs the Nordies in a winner takes all playoff match in Belfast. Can you fucking imagine the bantz

I guess we don’t deserve to be at home based on Nations League. Obviously logistics get in the way with the short turnaround but it’s a pity the final can’t be at the home of the higher nations league performer too.

James McLean winner

1 Like

I watched the Bosnia v NI game in Belfast earlier in the Nations League. Bosnia were a tidy side but nothing special and the North were very unlucky to lose. Bosnia are very dependent on Dzeko, he didn’t try a leg the same night but still cut the North open a few times.
I’d give the Nordies a punchers chance, but away from home, and presumably with Dzeko trying his hardest, I’d imagine the B&H’s will be rightly be heavy favourites.

Appreciate the logisitics probably put paid to it but logical neutral venues for the finals would have led to real spectacles.

Ourselves v Occupied Six in Parkhead would have been a great occasion

1 Like

We’ll split the line up for the anthems, a few of our imports can go over and sing God Save the Queen with theirs, while they surely have a few secret Provo’s who can come over and sing with us.

3 Likes

Immediately kick-starts Brexit and re-unification

Meh, they had Dzeko and Pjanic in 2015 and were still useless

They are playing the North though, who have em Steve Davis and er em Paddy McNair

1 Like

Iceland, the Scotch and the Bosnian’s look a great price there.
I actually think the Scotch have a decent side, they were very unlucky to have Belgium & Russia in their group

1 Like

You’d be mad to back Scotland in a must win game. They have some decent players but their results were shite

They have the greatest midfielder in world football.

Connor McGregor isn’t that good