Paddy Jackson & Stuart Olding -treat women poorly

Dry your eyes, mate. I know itā€™s hard to take but her mind has been made up. Thereā€™s plenty more fish in the sea.

1 Like

Gilroy hardly got sacked?

Iā€™d be very surprised if they had managed to terminate the contract of an ordinary worker under such circumstances.
Having said that, I couldnā€™t really see any way around it for either party.

1 Like

They brought the franchise into disrepute and violated the code of conduct

1 Like

Itā€™s amazing the amount of people who think they know more about a case than the actual jury. You couldnā€™t make it up!

5 Likes

Did they, I wonder.

Bring the franchise into disrepute? Iā€™d very much say they did given the circumstances

People always have the option of boycotting Irish rugby from now on if they feel that strongly that the chaps have been wronged here.

But Iā€™d hazard a guess that thatā€™s pretty unlikely.

By sending private WhatsApp messages?
Hmm.
You could argue that whomever broadcast said messages did.
No difference in the eyes of the law between the lads and the other pair who remain feted.

2 Likes

None in the eyes of the law but a world of a difference in the situation. No sponsor could point to one word of media reporting naming the others. Nor were there names trending in outrage for weeks at a time. Nor was there any complaint of improper behaviour from anyone involved.

Their.

5 Likes

Good man yourself

:+1: Thanks. Itā€™s nice to get a bit of positive feedback.

Whoā€™s this now?

Two Munster heroes.

Being serious for a moment, the ulster lads were accused of a crime and found innocent. Unanimously. In jig time.
So effectively, they had some sort of legal threesome, and WhatsApped a couple of times about it. Its a dangerous path this ā€œbringing into disreputeā€ judgement. It is entirely perceptive.

7 Likes

Well the precedent is now established and there is a tightrope to be walked.

Oh right.

I suppose the big difference is that most of the country doesnā€™t believe Murray and Zebo are rapists.

Whatā€™s this now?

Itā€™s funny how the sexual history etc of the complainant is protected while the sexual history etc of the defendants has resulted in termination of their contracts.
Itā€™s an understandable commercial decision dressed up as an ethical one.

3 Likes