Paris Olympics 2024

Great interview Michael Johnson talking about handing back one of his medals.

The two other team members campaigned to keep thereā€™s when the forth member of the relay team was caught doping.

Tells you the attitude towards the whole thing.

Where is the interview?

Who was the doper? Antonio Pettigrew (RIP)?

Yes thatā€™s him.

https://twitter.com/cleans_letsrun/status/1815453972473225510?s=46

They could start by booting cycling.

Any chance this could all fuck off to the Drugs in Sport thread?

5 Likes

Report the posts

Eric Caritoux apparently won the 1984 Vuelta A Espana clean. Nobody could believe it and it became a sensation within the peloton. It was in Willy Voetā€™s book. He mentioned it because it was so remarkable that such an occurrence could happen, it was simply assumed that a clean rider could not win.

Greg LeMond might have been clean because he was the most naturally talented of any of them by far. Then he was blitzed when EPO came on the scene.

I see that as a cowardly way out

Itā€™s sad in a way when no medals is arguably a good Olympics because it means you arenā€™t doping.

Every weightclass in the (menā€™s) boxing, except 80kg, has an Uzbek fighter as one of the top 3 favorites. If the odds translate to medals, Uzbekistan would win 3 golds, 2 silvers and a bronze just from menā€™s boxing

Their 80kg fighter is 7th favourite too, so itā€™s not like heā€™s a complete no-hoper

Maybe you should set up an Olympics betting thread and Iā€™ll see up a doping in the Olympics thread.

Hardly any point engaging. Heā€™s been on full tilt since limerick were bet. Heā€™s stated before he gets off on being a nuisance and pissing posters off.

1 Like

I Look Good Pat Healy GIF by Take Me

racist comedy central GIF

I disagree entirely with the last part. Sonya O Sullivan was already there. Robbed by cheats. Should be given gold.

I only saw this now.

Sorry it wonā€™t be.

If one of them gets gold itā€™s means they are no better than lance armstrong.

If you are on that podium you are doping.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/07/23/paris-olympics-china-doping-wada/

Itā€™s like that brilliant Tommy tiernan sketch about Galway hosting the Olympics.

The Olympics used red cinder until 1968 and the Mexico City games, which instead featured a polyurethane ā€œTartanā€ track, so-called because 3M, which made it, also made Scotch tape.

Pity they donā€™t make an effort to track the dopers

Any chance weā€™d ban @BruidheanChaorthainn from this thread for spamming

7 Likes