Paris Olympics 2024

Medal ceremony now.

Gold for Ireland.

These donā€™t come around too often.

Evanne is rewriting history already by calling Paul both Irelandā€™s most decorated and successful Olympian ever.

Shane Oā€™Donnell lookalike in the Greek boat

Cork GAA is badly missing people of the old school yerra cuteness of Paul Oā€™Donovan.

Cork All-Ireland victories were built on this sort of cuteness.

You could almost be listening to Kevin Hennessy chuckling away to Jim Carney while drinking from a bottle of milk in the dressing room under the Hogan Stand after yet another All-Ireland victory over a fancied Galway team.

12 Likes

Sean is an absolute gentleman. He put me up in Philadelphia on a few occasions over the years. Heā€™s back living in Ireland a few years now.

2 Likes

The non-bald Greek lad looked like he was gonna puke there

Can you imagine going to him as a GP? You couldnā€™t take the lad seriously

2 Likes

The 2 lads usually do a good job of keeping their emotions under wraps but itā€™s nice to see them actually celebrating and looking so happy today. They feckin deserve it

1 Like

DRINK IT IN MANNNNNNNN!

Young Matt Damon look about Fintan McCarthy.

3 Likes

The pinnacle of their pursuit.

Truly magnificent to hear our anthem.

3 Likes

Between Wiffen, Kellie and Rhys weā€™ve a realistic prospect of 6 Gold Medals now - thatā€™s bonkers territory for us

2 Likes

That was just brilliant.

:ireland::ireland::ireland:

Lovely to see our flag used in such a positive way as opposed to its use by the headbangers etc.

7 Likes

I think they were too emotional to continue singing the anthem, what an incredible thing it must be to sing your anthem at that moment

1 Like

Fintan looked like he was gonna crack towards the end.

Wasnā€™t to be for Mags but weā€™re very proud of her here in the local hockey club.

1 Like

O Donovan must be up there with our greatest sportspeople ever.

4 Likes

Some fella in a work WhatsApp group said Fintan looked like a young @caulifloweredneanderthal.

As posters who know me here will attest to, the only similarity is Iā€™ve a large smiley gob.

He has nicer hair for sure

1 Like

:100::100: