Paris Olympics 2024

One in Kanturk. Also not covered

1 Like

“medaled” ffs when did this word become a thing

Had a lovely moment there cheering the Irish home with Chucks Jr. (4). It’s doubtful whether he’ll remember it in years to come but I won’t forget it.

14 Likes

Around 1896

2 Likes

Was lovely to know with 100m to go they were going to win. Like having a 5 point lead 3 minutes into injury time in a county final.

1 Like

I hope he sang the anthem up on chair afterwards

Let’s put the twee GAA comparisons to one side FFS sake

7 Likes

Podrick Lodge compared the atmosphere at the Olympic Rowing Arena to the Gaelic Grounds in Limerick.

Irelands first velodrome. 1891. The Goff Track in the People’s Park in Waterford.

4 Likes

Which lad are you in the pic?

13 Likes

Is there an uncovered empty stand?

2 Likes

Lodge is a real GAA man, you can tell, he loves an aul reference to the GAA. One of the Fermanagh lads earlier played county hurling I think he said?

1 Like

Seems really wrong to have those ads for “Tonybets” on during the mornings of Olympic coverage

4 Likes

Give him an ice pop or a bar of chocolate to slabber all over his front and sing “row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream” with him and he’ll remember it. That’s the sort of thing kids remember.

1 Like

When is Waddilove out in the medal race?

15 minutes.

1 Like

Nathan Timoney.

St. Patrick’s Lisbellaw.

Corrigan is a proper Fermanagh GAA name too.

1 Like

Big crowd in this morning for the athletics

The Germans always have the most iconic singlets.

They always had a good eye for a uniform

2 Likes

An outstanding two hours of television sport and ten more to come today.

The Olympics utterly destroys the Euros and even the World Cup as a television spectacle.

It gives you the sense of summer holiday other worldliness that childhood World Cups did.

The richness of the diversity of sports in it and the richness of the viewing experience is totally glorious.

8 Likes