Paris Olympics 2024

Iā€™m the same, absolutely loving it. Iā€™ve the TV on in the background all day long, am dying to visit Paris again and raging I didnā€™t go over and get tickets to an event.

1 Like

They were readily available and decent value.

1 Like

Mona said in todayā€™s interview she was done with Olympic swimming. I hope itā€™s not true.

By contrast, Fintan and Paul want to go to LA has heavyweights and win. Now thatā€™s something that will unite a forum, and potentially a country. Paulā€™s journey to putting on 15kg in McDonalds every evening while preaching to his patients to avoid fast food!

2 Likes

Theyā€™re still there too

1 Like

BBC pissing me off with ā€œteam Irelandā€ online and on highlights show for Irish competitors

Flights next week are expensive.

Irish journalists are also referring to it as team Ireland. Thereā€™s even a hashtag.

I feel as if youā€™re really working hard to be offended here

This is Irelandā€™s best Olympics by a mile surely with the spread of events and more to come hopefully

Read the room dude

https://twitter.com/paulkimmage/status/1819849176248627512?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Kimmage is brewing himself up to write a titanic article slating the state of cycling and how it is worse than the Lance days. I cannot wait.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a bit deceptive though as the population of the island is just over 7 million.

1 Like

Fintan was fairly adamant after they won the other day that he was done and would be retiring. Has he said something different since?

1 Like

Flights?

Ita in paris mate

As the forums resident expert, I feel I can contribute here.

1 Like

Thatā€™s disappointing from mĆ³na. Youā€™d think winning an Olympic medal would be motivation alone to go again. No chance of mcclenaghan or wiffen giving up.
Hopefully sheā€™ll have a change of heart.

The Examiner podder with Cathal Dennehy and a few other lads said it yesterday morning. I thought Fintan said he was done with not eating, rather than retiring.

2 Likes

The relay girls were having none of it from her. Hard to be begrudge anyone who wants to go and live their life given the commitment involved.

6 Likes

Weā€™re in a post doping world now. No one gives a shit.

2 Likes

They were on Brendan Oā€™ Connor and he clarified that he was done with weigh-ins. The world championships are on in a few weeks and thatā€™s the last competition with lightweight categories and he is not going to the worlds.
Paul Oā€™ Donovan is entering in a single by the sounds of things so will have to do the weigh ins.
They both seemed to agree theyā€™d continue in the open (heavyweight) category but it might be in a four.