Paris Olympics 2024

Saw the end of it there, incredible tension. I’d say De Jong has had a chequered life

1 Like

This is the first pursuit cycling I have watched. There was a time it was an Olympics staple of mine.

It’s definitely a different and I think better experience watching a European Olympics. You get to see events in prime time. Watching a 100m final at 7am is a different vibe.

You do see more random stuff with further afield Olympics.

3 Likes

There it is

Palace won’t be fit to hold onto Mateta sadly

Mateta breaks the deadlock

Henry you cunt

https://x.com/bbcsport/status/1820558897893003648?s=46&t=pBoz6vwJNpAFZhshXLNoZg

5 Likes

I think they will both run. Charlene will think she can reach a semi final and Sophie will want to run better.

It’s only Tuesday and semi final not til Friday.

Semi final is Wednesday and if Charlene makes that then that is a lot of races in a week for her and she would suffer alright. Hard to qualify from Repechage I think.

Lyles the 100m is his mistress and the 200m is his wife. Always has time for his wife. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Keely Hodgkinson is an alright sort. Came across well there in her interview with David Gillick.

2 Likes

There’s a great tradition of pole vaulting in Wexford. I recall reading an interview some years ago with Redmond Barry, former Wexford hurler and footballer and Leinster Schools Cup Rugby Finalist in 1999 where he mentioned that he was an Irish schoolboys pole vault champion.

2 Likes

Egypt losing their shit

Blade being lowered all round

And Olise settles it

Lovely assist off Doue’s arse for Olise’s goal

Kipyegon has won her appeal and is reinstated. Proper order, it was the Ethiopian that started it.

4 Likes

Nenagh Olympic too, Liam Styles Gleeson national champion for several years. Was RTE’s Brendan O’Reilly a national pole vault champ @Cheasty or am I imagining things?

1 Like

No brendan had a huge flute so that mitigated against him iirc

He was a high jumper, think he was an
Olympian, definitely multiple Irish champ

1 Like

Brendan O’Reilly was a high jumper

1 Like