Paris Olympics 2024

Unfortunately no repechage in show jumping. Proper elite level stuff.

1 Like

I think we should start a petition to get this shit canned. Letā€™s put money into real athletes. Horsey horse gets enough money

1 Like

They can always sell a few to a fast food chain if they get tight.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s where todayā€™s failures are headed

2 Likes

Some horses get cake for their birthdays, others become the cake.

1 Like

Heā€™s an insidious bastard alright trying to ingratiate himself with the horsey set for personal betterment. Just like the time he moved to live in Tipperary.

Redirect the money.

Again, why are we prioritising Gold Cups over Gold Medals?

Paddy Power and other bookies running those Ireland v England ads in March is all a bit twee. If weā€™re going to splurge on horses, letā€™s do it in something with real international value.

2 Likes

Show jumpers and race horses are bought by private individuals. I get you are trying to get a rise but it doesnā€™t really make sense.

So why donā€™t we own them?

Seem to be big outside of the stadium tooā€¦

You do realise to buy one of those jumpers cost between 10 and 20 million?

1 Like

Very 2000 vibes

Flat racing has way more economic value. As itā€™s massive in America, Australia and the Middle East.

If it has economic value then it hardly needs much government money?

1 Like

Why not? Itā€™s an investment they get returns on.

Do fellas think the country runs on hot air?

20 million the horse is looking for? I thought those bastards loved running and jumping.

Itā€™s all about the money now it seems. Cunts.

1 Like

No but if it needs to be propped up by government money then it isnā€™t really that economically viable.

If you want to help Olympic athletes as obvious answer is to bin all the grants for inter county players. We need to be chasing gold medals and nothing else.

Would you think we should stop propping it up and see what comes? Itā€™s a risk Iā€™m willing to take. Is there any potential downside?

Spain have started brightly in the Hocket semi final v the Dutch. Theyā€™ve been the surprise package of the tournament.