Paris Olympics 2024

Yes no way should Lowry get to carry the flag ahead of someone for whom qualifying for the Olympics is what theyā€™ve built up to since they were a teenager.
Used to like Lowry but canā€™t stand him now. Apart from the diddly aye sinking pints of Guinness isnā€™t he some craic,the way he treats people on the golf course is deplorable including his own caddy.
If an English golfer carried on like him the Irish media would be a lot more vocal about it.

1 Like

He drinks fuck all. After he won in wentowrth last year the last fella in the bar was mcilroy which says it all.

I donā€™t think heā€™s a bad fella but Iā€™d say heā€™s seriously angry about heā€™s portrayed.

You said during the British Open you reckoned he was as much of a cunt as any of them.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think mcilroy is a cunt. Heā€™s no worse or better than the majority of them is my point.

When you are getting into top 100 individual sports like golf or realistically youā€™d want serious character deficiencies to stay it for a long time.

Either that or be thick as shit.

Lowry is unbelievably sound and normal for a fella in the high reaches of a sport like that.

Iā€™d say similar about mcilroy but he gets absolutely slated for some reason.

1 Like

Yeah relative to a lot of the others thatā€™s true. Lowrys gaa credentials, fatness and being from small town everywhereville ireland gives him the normal edge though. Mcilroy is a small bit preppy and a shaper even if you like him. As well as the identity thing obviously.

How long has Craig Doyle worked for Eurosport?

Laura Woods is presenting Olympics with him.

Is there a Discovery + stream too

Not even the Olympics app could give a view as succinct as this. David Gillick doing the needful for us

3 Likes

I think for upper middle class high earning sports like tennis, golf and formula one there is a certain amount of self confidence, self centred-ness and arrogance needed to get to the top.

1 Like

Youā€™re absolutely dying for something to happen. Please god you donā€™t get your wish

1 Like

Ya Iā€™d agree but these lads are invariably world class from a very young age too and it has to have some sort of impact on them.

Nhat and his sister seem absolutely decent sorts from their part in the RTE pre Olympics documentary.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve no issue with Lowry carrying the flag. Tbf his love for his county and country is never in doubt and heā€™s a decent sort who has always shown up to represent his country, even if he does play fucking golf.

Iā€™d also prefer one of our real athletes didnā€™t have to fuck about for 4 hours carrying a fucking flag in a bolloxing opening ceremony

2 Likes

TFK is a home for a lot of fellas who campaign tirelessly for fairness towards women and the fact that Rory has a chequered romantic history angers these warriors/simps

They just canā€™t stand to see women being unfairly treated by a man

Sarah Lavin is possibly the healthiest looking person Iā€™ve seen in the flesh, she is absolutely radiant even though sheā€™s plain enough looking,

I was in Abbotstown this year at a basketball event and that badminton player was practicing alone, just doing hundreds of serves where the shuttle barely cleared the net, and then moving onto the other side, I remember thinking that itā€™s the dedication required, insane stuff

Things I learned last night: Athletics at the 2028 Olympics will be held in the first week with swimming moving to the second week.

Thatā€™s a balls, will fuck up the whole feeling of it.