Paris Olympics 2024

It’ll be some achievement for a clean athlete to beat her.

There’s a few bars around it. If you get out of the stadium by 10 you’d nearly get back into the centre of Paris for the fight

1 Like

All we can do is keep fighting the fight.

@Declan_Moffat Spain were completely dominant there. The Dutch walked all over. Why are the Dutch so hard to like?

The area around the stadium is a shit hole and a dangerous era at night.

My beloved bugsys closed for the month. Run by a Limerick man it’s a great sports pub.

There is at least two o sullivans. The sullivans beside the moulin rouge opens into a night club.

There’s another bar beside that the far side of the moulin rouge that usually has sport on.

The other o Sullivans is also a sports bar. It’s o sullivans monmarte I think.

1 Like

The first indoor 50m. We’d an outdoor long before that.

I think the one good thing that came out of Atlanta was that I think it kind of shamed the government into fastracking plans for one.

I spent two years of the 80’s as a teenager, yes.

Because they’re all oddballs

Once the first goal went in, the Dutch took over. They’ve beaten the Aussies in the quarters so are the favourites. That was a pretty niggly game.
They’ve an arrogance about them and look down on most teams. I like them. We did a hockey tour to Netherlands once and they were grand.

1 Like

Maybe there’s a bit of truth in that but it was live sport
Tennis for Wimbledon, time trialing on bikes for the Tour de France and then building jumps for the Dublin horse show, we were happy out

1 Like

What the absolute???

We were outdoors getting exercise and building things, if anything we’ve gone to shit in the meantime

1 Like

Canadian-owned group to run the Lotto for next 20 years ¡ TheJournal.ie.

How much per year are we losing on funding here?

That’s extraordinary drama at the end of the Australia v Serbia game. Gone to overtime.

This is a cracking Australian v Serbia basketball quarter final. Going to overtime. Timmy is going to completely combust with the excitement of it all.

1 Like

Fancy the Serbs in overtime.

Sorry to offend the timmy love in here lads but imagine sitting beside him in the commentary box. You’d have to stop yourself telling him to shut da fuck up.
Volume down now.

1 Like

Timmy McCarthy is the The Voice Of Summer Holidays From School.

2 Likes

Serbia overcome a 24 point deficit to advance to the semi-finals in overtime. They’ll almost certainly play the USA there.

That Discovery+ is something else… I’ve the little wan watching the skateboarding on it now as it was her turn to pick.

1 Like

@corner_back if you’re over for a while id recommend the Team Ireland House in O’Sullivans beside the Moulin Rouge. You’ve to buy tickets for it but you’ll have some of the team showing up in there. A bunch of the medalists and swimmers were in last night. And Tom Barr, who is every bit as sound as you’d think he is

9 Likes