Paris Olympics 2024

What are you on about? I havenā€™t had an opinion on it

Now that Iā€™ve seen it I think it was very petty from the USA girl, very petty indeed

Sheā€™s fucked so

I see that Griner girl is repping.

This was pure racism against the Nigerian girl because trump supports crypto

2 Likes

The repechages are great

Go away Rob the racist

Kate O Connor another for our stable of rides.

Lin Yu-ting, one of the fighters thrust into a gender eligibility row at the Olympics, reached the womenā€™s featherweight final before her beaten opponent made an ā€˜Xā€™ sign with her fingers.

Turkeyā€™s Esra Yildiz Kahraman lost every round on the judgesā€™ scorecards against Chinese Taipei fighter Lin, who joined Algeria middleweight Imane Khelif in reaching a gold medal match at Paris 2024.

After a friendly handshake, Kahraman held the ropes open for her opponent as she exited but then went to the centre of the ring and made an ā€˜Xā€™ symbol with her two fingers to all areas of the crowd.

The gesture is the same as what Linā€™s last opponent Svetlana Staneva did following her points loss to the top seed but when asked to explain the signal, one of Kahramanā€™s team replied: ā€œNo comment.ā€

The X sign is thought to be a reference to female XX chromosomes.

Kahraman added: ā€œI am sad I didnā€™t go further and get to the final. But I will carry on to 2028 (Los Angeles Olympic Games) where I want to become the champion.ā€

Lovely stuff

https://twitter.com/GavanCasey/status/1821496663938134139

1 Like

Indonesia win the speed climbing. The Olympics is absolutely fantastic.

6 Likes

Thats a bad act

https://twitter.com/eurosport/status/1821324091011289130

2 yellows :rofl:
Gotta laugh at the corruption

An event that should remain where it belongs - Trans World Sport in 1991.

The second week of the Olympics has been filled with far too much of these novelty events. Too much sketeboarding, wall climbing, synchronised swimming and BMXing. And not enough badminton, handball, hockey, water polo and volleyball.

The golden days of an Olympics are the Wednesday to the Saturday at the end of the first week. Swimming, Rowing and Gymnastics coming to a crescendo, the boxing progressing, solid mid tier staples like the kayaking and the judo progressing, the athletics starting.

Itā€™s all downhill after the middle Saturday.

3 Likes

I enjoyed the skateboarding but thereā€™s something very off with one of the competitors (from the UK I thinkā€¦) being 51 and competing against children in some cases. Just let it go bro, youā€™re comfortably middle aged and have no place there.

Luke Littler v Raymond Van Barneveld

Classic GAA reffing. The corner forward grabs the collar of the player who flaked him in the balls. Yellow each lads

This mate is a backtrack

Ah would you stop. Speed climbing is absolutely unreal and a proper sport.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t the foggiest what youā€™re on about but an explanation is probably asking too much.
I donā€™t know what Iā€™ve backtracked on, I expressed no opinion other than it was difficult to find footage online

Am I supposed to be a defender of the American girl, what exactly??

Havenā€™t the foggiest?
:thinking::slightly_smiling_face: